+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry Visa India

Pulkit.H

Apr 25, 2019
The status got changed “Ready for dispatch” today, went in to try for pickup at BLS. They mentioned that the passport has already been handed over to purolator and shared the tracking number with me. Should receive it tomorrow per the tracking details. Thanks everyone for all the help and updates.

Apr 2, 2018
Status updated for Entry visa :
Processed and printed @ HCI ottawa
Application Date : 08 Nov

Can I go to BLS tomorrow to collect my passport? or should I wait till the status is updated on the BLS website?

ATN_2023

Nov 15, 2023
Update on our 3 applications, submitted same time but separate envelopes and cashiers checks. Postal Application.

• Posted on 6th Nov, received at BLS Brampton ON 7th
  • BLS acknowledgement email received for first on 9th and other two on 10th
  • First one received consulate ivrt-email on 15th, other two never received ivrt-emails
  • First one showed Granted and printed on 16th and other two showed granted and printed on 21st
  • First one is showing ready to dispatch now, so hopefully will get tomorrow
  • other two are showing in transit to BLS, so expecting early next week
  • Travel date is 11th Dec, so we should be fine barring any postal screwup from BLS

Thanks for all the help from this group.

Reactions: darsh11 and eas2lv

Harpreet96

Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
An update on my saga. Went to BLS today during their 3pm time with new application, hoping they will take it. Instead I was advised that because the mistake was on the application, entire application package will be mailed back to me, which could take 2 weeks or more because they are so backlogged, another option given was I sign a form to withdraw the entire application, they will find it within 48-72 hours and express it back to me, then I can go in person, stand in line from 5am because sending it my post there will be delays........They can find the application in 48-72 hours to send it back, but they won't replace the application with the new one and send it for processing ??? I had no choice but to fill out the withdrawal form to get it all back "hopefully" by the end of this week and then I will have to stand in line.
Making matters worse, when applying in person for a minor both parents have to be there, I am divorced and their father lives in Montreal, so I have to get him to come here.......this is beyond ridiculous.
Going to India after 12 years, now wondering if it's worth it. Have been stressed over this for 2 months. Have even applied for OCI for all 3 of us before they opened the entry visa.
Any update on return of passport

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Had a weird experience with the Indian authorities. Applied for evisa yesterday. Got an email a few hours later about my published works (am a writer), where I am going, employer's phone number email ID, etc. Almost like they are spooked by the whole Khalistan situation.

Pulkit.H

Apr 25, 2019
The status got changed “Ready for dispatch” today, went in to try for pickup at BLS. They mentioned that the passport has already been handed over to purolator and shared the tracking number with me. Should receive it tomorrow per the tracking details. Thanks everyone for all the help and updates.
Final update:
Passport received today, Nov 24.
Good luck everyone on this forum and thanks for your help!

Reactions: eas2lv

Sfal

Nov 20, 2023
Any update on return of passport
Yes, I got the passport back today. BLS expedited it because I went there on Tuesday Nov 21 and signed the withdrawal form instead of waiting for them to send back. Next day evisa opened, so I just applied for an evisa for my daughter. I did get the draft back too.
However, my 2nd daughter's passport got stuck at the consulate, so I had to run there on Wednesday Nov 22 to see what the hold up was, they told me their father's consent for "number of days" travel was missing (because we are divorced), luckily they were willing to accept an email from him providing the consent (in Montreal). I was told all good and that her visa will get processed and sent out next day Thursday Nov 23. Waited, but no change to her status stilled showed "under processing". In the mean time, we got 3 e-visas granted (we had applied for back on Sept 21), LOL. So I called the consulate today and told them does not matter if her entry visa is not processed because I already have her evisa, they said I can come and pick her passport today afternoon, signed another withdrawal form and lost the application money because it was already at the consulate. Not sure why they were not processing it but does not matter. And mine came back today as well. Got all 3 passports back today and now all 3 of us have our visas too.