+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry Visa India

samirradia

Oct 5, 2016
I applied e-visa yesterday evening. Got approved today at 9:30am. 1 year validity.
Congratualations for the visa. Could you help me understand something about evisa. By approved evisa do yo mean you have got the evisa? Would you say evisa takes only about 24 hours to process?

AryanDastaan

Nov 2, 2023
Congratualations for the visa. Could you help me understand something about evisa. By approved evisa do yo mean you have got the evisa? Would you say evisa takes only about 24 hours to process?
This is how it works:
1) Go to https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/ and apply for "evisa". You will need to upload passport copy pdf and digital photo jpg format.
2) After you finish application, and pay $40 fee (for 1 year visa), you will get acknowledgement of application in your email.
3) You will get another email within 72hrs with decision. They say 72hrs, but it is a lot faster under normal circumstances.
4) if you are "GRANTED" visa, go back to the website above and click on apply evisa> check visa application status. There you will be able to print your official e-visa with your pic, QR code and conditions of the visa eg. tourist, conference, medical etc. to carry with you to the airport.

samirradia

Oct 5, 2016
This is how it works:
1) Go to https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/ and apply for "evisa". You will need to upload passport copy pdf and digital photo jpg format.
2) After you finish application, and pay $40 fee (for 1 year visa), you will get acknowledgement of application in your email.
3) You will get another email within 72hrs with decision. They say 72hrs, but it is a lot faster under normal circumstances.
4) if you are "GRANTED" visa, go back to the website above and click on apply evisa> check visa application status. There you will be able to print your official e-visa with your pic, QR code and conditions of the visa eg. tourist, conference, medical etc. to carry with you to the airport.
Thanks, this was helpful

samirradia

Oct 5, 2016
Hello,
I received the email from cspm-ivfrt@nic.in within hours of submitting walkin application and now the visa is in Processed and Printed status. My wife submitted an entry visa application on 21 and she has still not received the email. The status on Visa India website says Under Process. Is it normal to not receive an email after 48 hours of application? When can the visa be expected for her?
BTW: How long does evisa take to process after applying?
Can someone on the forum reply to this?

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hello,
I received the email from cspm-ivfrt@nic.in within hours of submitting walkin application and now the visa is in Processed and Printed status. My wife submitted an entry visa application on 21 and she has still not received the email. The status on Visa India website says Under Process. Is it normal to not receive an email after 48 hours of application? When can the visa be expected for her?
BTW: How long does evisa take to process after applying?
That email is generated when BLS activates the application in the IVFRT system before submitting to the Consulate. Generally happens within hours of submission for walk-in. Where both walk-in applications? Does the status on BLS site show processing at consulate? You may want to email BLS and ask as the consulate has been processing entry visa the same day or next on receipt.
See Entry Visa Tracker for tends.

Last edited:

harneetk

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
I lost my fee receipt for pick up of Passport for Entry visa. Whats the solution?

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
I lost my fee receipt for pick up of Passport for Entry visa. Whats the solution?
No experience, but technically it should be possible to pickup with application number, passport number and an ID. Also BLS can reprint the receipt if needed.

Reactions: harneetk

samirradia

Oct 5, 2016
That email is generated when BLS activates the application in the IVFRT system before submitting to the Consulate. Generally happens within hours of submission for walk-in. Where both walk-in applications? Does the status on BLS site show processing at consulate? You may want to email BLS and ask as the consulate has been processing entry visa the same day or next on receipt.
See Entry Visa Tracker for tends.
Just found this status on visa india site: Your visa is processed is Granted but Not-Printed. Once visa is printed,please contact the respective office on next working day where you have submitted your Application.

IVRFT mail still not received. Any idea?

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Just found this status on visa india site: Your visa is processed is Granted but Not-Printed. Once visa is printed,please contact the respective office on next working day where you have submitted your Application.

IVRFT mail still not received. Any idea?
If its granted and printed, its all good. May be the email went to spam or your email id was entered wrong or whatever -- no longer important. Now follow BLS status site to see when it gets dispatched to you.

Harpreet96

Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
Looks like i should have waited for entry visa its quick now mine was delivered on 14th and acknowledged on 17 on Bls is shows we received application i sent an email yesterday for withdrawal no update on that yet