+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry Visa India

akshathdorai

Oct 18, 2022
Hi guys.

I am submitting a postal application for Entry visa for my Infant kid tomorrow. We have our flights booked for Dec 15. Would we get it in time?

Also, can you advice on where the parents need to attest? We are really worried that the application might be sent back because of issues. Is there any advice/ tips that you would give?

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hi guys.

I am submitting a postal application for Entry visa for my Infant kid tomorrow. We have our flights booked for Dec 15. Would we get it in time?

Also, can you advice on where the parents need to attest? We are really worried that the application might be sent back because of issues. Is there any advice/ tips that you would give?
In Toronto postal applications are taking mostly 3 weeks but there is some variability so hard to say for sure. See Entry Visa Tracker
Take care with the application as you do not have time to go back and forth if BLS finds something missing. There are lots of folks with experience in this thread, hopefully you will get answers to your questions from others.

Nov 16, 2023
I saw the comment - 'Called to Escalte'
So whom did you call and for what? did it help?
Called the BLS help line. Managed to get a hold of one of their staff (its outsourced to India), and have them open a request to look into why my other two postal packages haven't been opened yet (by this time, one of my kids had been opened, processed, sent to the consulate and returned to BLS!). Within 1-2 buisness days, i got the ivrt email indicating the other two forms for my kids have started processing per the timeline i listed above. I hope the my call gave them a 'push' to find and have it escalated.

Nov 16, 2023
Hi guys.

Any photocopy will need to be self attested (for postal), and for walkin i think you need to bring the originals with you (i'm not sure).

Meera08

Nov 21, 2023
Urgent: My brother's entry visa application has been approved and printed, the passport is currently at CGI. His flight is on the 23rd i.e. Thursday along with my parents. I tried calling CGI and they told me to email them the request. I haven't heard back anything yet. What is the best way I can get to CGI and collect the passport. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. @eas2lv would you have some info if someone has done this before.

Last edited:

mm1901

Oct 7, 2023
Updated

Application Type: Entry Visa - Minor
Location & Submission Type : BLS Brampton | Postal
Mailed via Puralator: Oct 31 2023
Accepted Postal package by (BLS):Nov 2 2023
Application Date (BLS): Nov 2 2023
Submitted to Consulate: Nov 3 2023
Processing at CGI: Nov 7 2023 -Your visa is Processed and Printed.
Visa Granted: Nov 7 2023
Visa Printed & Passport returned to BLS: Nov 8 2023
Manual Pickup Passport: Nov 17 2023 >>> Nov 20 2023 (sent back! need both parents to pickup passport!)

Accepted Postal package by (BLS):Nov 4 2023
Application Date (BLS): Nov 10 2023
Submitted to Consulate: Nov 11 2023 -called to escalate
Processing at CGI: Nov 13 2023 -Your visa is Processed and Printed.
Visa Granted: Nov 13 2023
Visa Printed & Passport returned to BLS: Nov 14 2023
Manual Pickup Passport: Nov 17 2023 >>> Nov 20 2023 (sent back! need both parents to pickup passport!)

Accepted Postal package by (BLS):Nov 4 2023
Application Date (BLS): Nov 13 2023
Submitted to Consulate: Nov 13 2023 -called to escalate
Processing at CGI: Nov 14 2023 -Your visa is processed is Granted but Not-Printed. I guess it was end of day at BLS?
Visa Granted: Nov 15 2023 -printed the next day.
Visa Printed & Passport returned to BLS: Nov 16 2023
Manual Pickup Passport: Nov 17 2023 >>> Nov 20 2023(sent back! need both parents to pickup passport!)
Thanks for providing this valuable information. One more thing, did you get it the visa for 1 year or more?

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Urgent: My brother's entry visa application has been approved and printed, the passport is currently at CGI. His flight is on the 23rd i.e. Thursday along with my parents. I tried calling CGI and they told me to email them the request. I haven't heard back anything yet. What is the best way I can get to CGI and collect the passport. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
What is the granted and printed date? They will pass it on to BLS the next day and it will be too late to collect from CGI after that.
If its still with the CGI you can collect by walking in and explaining the urgency -- easier to do that if you can get them on phone to arrange pickup or on Wednesday (22nd) afternoon as that is open house time. Otherwise it will take some effort convincing the security to let you in. It can be done though.

Skybrow

Apr 28, 2021
I have not receive email from Bls or ivfrt . But now I can see application under process status.
Application date is updated from 15/nov to 21/Nov

Meera08

Nov 21, 2023
What is the granted and printed date? They will pass it on to BLS the next day and it will be too late to collect from CGI after that.
If its still with the CGI you can collect by walking in and explaining the urgency -- easier to do that if you can get them on phone to arrange pickup or on Wednesday (22nd) afternoon as that is open house time. Otherwise it will take some effort convincing the security to let you in. It can be done though.
The Granted and printed date is 20th Nov, I spoke to BLS today morning and they said it is still at the consulate. The lady at CGI also said that if it was stamped after 4 pm it will still be with them as all the passports are collected by BLS between 3.30 and 4. She told me to send an email to the generic email id visa.toronto@mea.gov.in asking for permission but I haven't heard back anything yet. I tried explaining the situation on phone to her and she said that I would need an appointment to pick it up which only the visa officer can give.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
The Granted and printed date is 20th Nov, I spoke to BLS today morning and they said it is still at the consulate. The lady at CGI also said that if it was stamped after 4 pm it will still be with them as all the passports are collected by BLS between 3.30 and 4. She told me to send an email to the generic email id visa.toronto@mea.gov.in asking for permission but I haven't heard back anything yet. I tried explaining the situation on phone to her and she said that I would need an appointment to pick it up which only the visa officer can give.
I wouldn't believe what BLS says on phone - they ust give generic replies without checking anything properly.
Did the CGI contact check their system to confirm that the passport is still with CGI? What does BLS status show (processing at CGI?).
Anyway, the earliest BLS could have got it in their office is this morning -- though CGI hands it over to them in the evening, they do not transport it to their office until next morning.
Try emailing cons.toronto@mea.gov.in -- the Consul who handles that email usually responds fast.
If you fail to pickup from CGI today, you can try BLS tomorrow -- you will have to ask them to hold it as they mail it out in the afternoon.

Meera08

Nov 21, 2023
I wouldn't believe what BLS says on phone - they ust give generic replies without checking anything properly.
Did the CGI contact check their system to confirm that the passport is still with CGI? What does BLS status show (processing at CGI?).
Anyway, the earliest BLS could have got it in their office is this morning -- though CGI hands it over to them in the evening, they do not transport it to their office until next morning.
Try emailing cons.toronto@mea.gov.in -- the Consul who handles that email usually responds fast.
If you fail to pickup from CGI today, you can try BLS tomorrow -- you will have to ask them to hold it as they mail it out in the afternoon.
No, she said only the visa officer can check the status. The BLS status still shows 'Processing at Consulate General'. I sent an email to cons.toronto@mea.gov.in about an hour ago, I hope they reply today. If not will got to BLS tomorrow morning and collect it, do they allow people to walk in for collection and this was a postal application.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
No, she said only the visa officer can check the status. The BLS status still shows 'Processing at Consulate General'. I sent an email to cons.toronto@mea.gov.in about an hour ago, I hope they reply today. If not will got to BLS tomorrow morning and collect it, do they allow people to walk in for collection and this was a postal application.
Morning will be hard to get in. Also if they do not have the passport today, they will bring it in tomorrow only late in the morning and may not be ready to look for it as morning hours are very busy.
You will have better luck with two visits -- one this afternoon to tell them to hold it (do not dispatch) and then collect tomorrow afternoon. No appointment needed to walk-in at collection and enquiry time (3pm to 4:30pm).
Or try walk-in to consulate this afternoon -- tell the security that you spoke with the lady on phone. Once in, they are generally very helpful.

harmanr302

Nov 7, 2023
Do we need an appointment to pickup passport from brampton BLS? Even though if we had paid for postal delivery. I am afraid since one of the member’s passport was delivered to wrong address.