+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry Visa India

skondav

Nov 18, 2023
Open house is at CGI which is useful only if you have an application pending for long at the consulate or have some other urgency. For application still at BLS, no use going to the consulate. You can walk-in to BLS during the enquiry time (3 pm?) and see whether they will accept the corrected documents.
Does BLS do an initial check for postal applications and flag any errors or missing documents before they send it to CGI? I've seen some posts where they send applications back, why not just ask for missing documents? The whole BLS/Visa/Oci saga is creating unnecessary stress for so many of us.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Does BLS do an initial check for postal applications and flag any errors or missing documents before they send it to CGI? I've seen some posts where they send applications back, why not just ask for missing documents? The whole BLS/Visa/Oci saga is creating unnecessary stress for so many of us.
Yes, BLs is supposed to scan the application for errors, for missing attachments etc. before sending it to CGI. If there are errors in the application they have to send the whole package back as you need to refill and sign. For missing docs they do sometimes ask you to submit those.

For in-person applications they try to maximize their revenue by finding minor mistakes to sell value-added fixup or photo services. For postal applications they have no incentive in picking on minor errors, so I would think they return applications only if there are major mistakes. But BLs is not very logical.

Neerja

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
Hi All, finally received passport today. Timelines:

Postal Reached BLS: Nov 1
reflected on BLS website: Nov 7
Email from ivfrt: Nov 14
Processed: Nov 15
Granted and Printed: Nov 16
Received: Nov 20

Thank you everyone for all your support. Hope everyone in the group gets their visas on time.

coolhyd

Jun 1, 2012
Hi All, finally received passport today. Timelines:

Postal Reached BLS: Nov 1
reflected on BLS website: Nov 7
Email from ivfrt: Nov 14
Processed: Nov 15
Granted and Printed: Nov 16
Received: Nov 20

Thank you everyone for all your support. Hope everyone in the group gets their visas on time.
Congratulations. Do we need to submit the original passport for the postal visa application?

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Congratulations. Do we need to submit the original passport for the postal visa application?
Visa is stamped in the Canadian (foreign) passport -- original required whether postal or not. All supporting documents could be just copies.

Nov 16, 2023
[Important advise]
Please bring both parents to collect the passport of a minor child [Brampton Location]. I was sent back last week as i didn't bring my spouse (which resulted in a delay of 3 days due to work/weekend closure for passport collections). Finally got my children's cdn passports with entry visa today for a flight next week.

Apparently, there was a recent case of a parent getting a minor passport and disappearance of canadian child in India (parental custody battle it looks like) hence the change of instructions (its not listed on the BLS website nor their oncall support are aware of this rule for canada). So to save time, just bring both parents to pick up passports during collections.

Funnily enough i don't think rule matters if you do a drop off postal request.

Reactions: Singh8998

mm1901

Oct 7, 2023
[Important advise]
Please bring both parents to collect the passport of a minor child [Brampton Location]. I was sent back last week as i didn't bring my spouse (which resulted in a delay of 3 days due to work/weekend closure for passport collections). Finally got my children's cdn passports with entry visa today for a flight next week.

Apparently, there was a recent case of a parent getting a minor passport and disappearance of canadian child in India (parental custody battle it looks like) hence the change of instructions (its not listed on the BLS website nor their oncall support are aware of this rule for canada). So to save time, just bring both parents to pick up passports during collections.

Funnily enough i don't think rule matters if you do a drop off postal request.
how long did it take to get the visa from the date of application?

Nov 16, 2023
how long did it take to get the visa from the date of application?
Updated

Application Type: Entry Visa - Minor
Location & Submission Type : BLS Brampton | Postal
Mailed via Puralator: Oct 31 2023
Accepted Postal package by (BLS):Nov 2 2023
Application Date (BLS): Nov 2 2023
Submitted to Consulate: Nov 3 2023
Processing at CGI: Nov 7 2023 -Your visa is Processed and Printed.
Visa Granted: Nov 7 2023
Visa Printed & Passport returned to BLS: Nov 8 2023
Manual Pickup Passport: Nov 17 2023 >>> Nov 20 2023 (sent back! need both parents to pickup passport!)

Accepted Postal package by (BLS):Nov 4 2023
Application Date (BLS): Nov 10 2023
Submitted to Consulate: Nov 11 2023 -called to escalate
Processing at CGI: Nov 13 2023 -Your visa is Processed and Printed.
Visa Granted: Nov 13 2023
Visa Printed & Passport returned to BLS: Nov 14 2023
Manual Pickup Passport: Nov 17 2023 >>> Nov 20 2023 (sent back! need both parents to pickup passport!)

Application Date (BLS): Nov 13 2023
Submitted to Consulate: Nov 13 2023 -called to escalate
Processing at CGI: Nov 14 2023 -Your visa is processed is Granted but Not-Printed. I guess it was end of day at BLS?
Visa Granted: Nov 15 2023 -printed the next day.
Visa Printed & Passport returned to BLS: Nov 16 2023
Manual Pickup Passport: Nov 17 2023 >>> Nov 20 2023(sent back! need both parents to pickup passport!)

Desikatta

Nov 9, 2023
Updated

Accepted Postal package by (BLS):Nov 2 2023
Application Date (BLS): Nov 2 2023
Submitted to Consulate: Nov 3 2023
Processing at CGI: Nov 7 2023 -Your visa is Processed and Printed.
Visa Granted: Nov 7 2023
Visa Printed & Passport returned to BLS: Nov 8 2023

Application Date (BLS): Nov 10 2023
Submitted to Consulate: Nov 11 2023 -called to escalate
Processing at CGI: Nov 13 2023 -Your visa is Processed and Printed.
Visa Granted: Nov 13 2023
Visa Printed & Passport returned to BLS: Nov 14 2023

Application Date (BLS): Nov 13 2023
Submitted to Consulate: Nov 13 2023 -called to escalate
Processing at CGI: Nov 14 2023 -Your visa is processed is Granted but Not-Printed. I guess it was end of day at BLS?
Visa Granted: Nov 15 2023 -printed the next day.
Visa Printed & Passport returned to BLS: Nov 16 2023
Manual Pickup Passport: Nov 17 2023 >>> Nov 20 2023(sent back! need both parents to pickup passport!)
I saw the comment - 'Called to Escalte'
So whom did you call and for what? did it help?