+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry Visa India

skondav

Nov 18, 2023
BLS takes 10 to 15 days to act on postal applications and pass them on to the consulate. Once that happens you can expect to get the visa in 3-4 days -- so about 3 weeks in total. Getting the visa by Dec 9th looks possible, but it all hinges on status changing to processing at CGI latest by Dec 4th.
See timeline of other postal applications in the tracker: Entry Visa Tracker
Thank you.. I did see the tracker and combining with the message from BLS about 4-5 days for processing it to CGI (not that i trust anything they say at this point), i want to believe that we are good to travel on the 9th.

Singh8998

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
Hey guys need a suggestion my application for entry visa was returned on Friday (haven’t received passport yet, label is created on sat) because the checklist I followed did not say that I had to send proof of status for both parents. I have applied OCI as well and ack date was Nov 3 which makes my projected date for 29 nov as per the tracker. I have appointment at bls for 22 Nov. should I go entry visa again or wait for OCi. Travel date is dec 7..

harneetk

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Hey guys need a suggestion my application for entry visa was returned on Friday (haven’t received passport yet, label is created on sat) because the checklist I followed did not say that I had to send proof of status for both parents. I have applied OCI as well and ack date was Nov 3 which makes my projected date for 29 nov as per the tracker. I have appointment at bls for 22 Nov. should I go entry visa again or wait for OCi. Travel date is dec 7..
Its tight timeline for entry visa too but getting the OCI is more of impossible. I would suggest you to go for Entry Visa on 22 . Lets see what others say

Reactions: Singh8998

Desikatta

Nov 9, 2023
what is the Entry Visa processing time for Vancouver BLS surrey walk-in. Can I still get it before December 9th for my flight on 11th. Planning to go to BLS surrey for Entry visa walk-in tomorrow.

My OCI Details
Applied: Oct 10, 2023
Acknowledgment - Oct 14, 2023
Current Status: Under Process
But i am not sure if this will come in time. So just to be on safe side.

Sfal

Nov 20, 2023
HI, I need advise on a small mistake I made on one of my daughter's Entry visa application. Mine and my other daughter's Visa applications were accepted. How can I get the corrected application to BLS in person, can I go there from 3-4.30pm when it is pickup time or have to go & stand on line in -15 degree temps ? We travel in less than 3 weeks. All the other documents are fine, just a mistake on the application itself.

Last edited:

rushi07

Mar 18, 2018
Postal Application Update:
Application Sent Nov 7, 2023, Reached BLS Nov 8
Email Received from BLS shows application details: Nov 11
BLS Status Shows UNDER PROCESS: Nov 18 (IVFRT Email Received)

Thank you

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Singh8998 said:
Its tight timeline for entry visa too but getting the OCI is more of impossible. I would suggest you to go for Entry Visa on 22 . Lets see what others say
I agree -- there is a decent chance of getting visa by Nov 28th if all goes well.

Reactions: Singh8998

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
HI, I need advise on a small mistake I made on one of my daughter's Entry visa application. Mine and my other daughter's Visa applications were accepted. How can I get the corrected application to BLS in person ? We travel in less than 3 weeks. All the other documents are fine, just a mistake on the application itself. There is some OPEN HOUSE on NOV 22nd, what is this and where ?
Open house is at CGI which is useful only if you have an application pending for long at the consulate or have some other urgency. For application still at BLS, no use going to the consulate. You can walk-in to BLS during the enquiry time (3 pm?) and see whether they will accept the corrected documents.

Sfal

Nov 20, 2023
Open house is at CGI which is useful only if you have an application pending for long at the consulate or have some other urgency. For application still at BLS, no use going to the consulate. You can walk-in to BLS during the enquiry time (3 pm?) and see whether they will accept the corrected documents.
Thank you, I will go tomorrow then....because mine and my other daughter's is in transit to the consulate.