+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry Visa India

samirradia

Oct 5, 2016
Firstly thank you and would be glad to assist you with your queries, please see below my response.

1. How long did you need to wait in line before getting in BLS office for visa? - I go there the previous evening around 20:00hrs and was about # 30 in the line. However got into BLS only at 13:00hrs the next day just before closing and was actually moved to BLDG 40 around 12:30 as they had more counters to service.
2. They have revised the processing time to 45 days, and visa was actually processed in 5 days. Would you be able to estimate how much time would it take to get visa in hand, if one were to apply it tomorrow? - Yes thats correct its is 45 days of processing on their portal, however when I called BLS they said it would take around 15 - 20 days. On checking the Forums and Tracker I knew that in the last couple of weeks they were processing Entry Application within 5 - 10 days. However Postal Application are still taking additional 5 - 10 days on top of the normal processing time.
3. Do we need to submit original passport with Entry visa application? - Yes you would need to.
4. I also have an OCI application submitted last month. Though I wonder, if I leave Canada on entry visa and OCI arrives after departure, can the address be changed to a friend's address, so OCI is received by them in your absence. How to manage that? When did you apply for OCI? - I am in a similar situation, as will be travelling shortly, however will have someone collect it on my behalf from my mailbox. | My application was received by BLS on the 26th of Oct, however they applied it only on 9th November and is currently Processing @ Consulate. It will further taken anywhere from 3 - 4 weeks for Acknowledge and processing.

So given the similar timeline with OCI, to play it safe your best bet would be Entry Visa to make it for December 15th.

Hope I was able to help and all the best.
Further, the surrender certificate courier package needed signature from the recipient. If the house is closed, the package will be returned. So the mail box strategy may not work. Have you thought about or do you have any idea how to change the courier address to a friend's address?

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
If BLS Tracker says "Ready for Dispatch" is there a way to check details of the courier sent?
If label is already created, tracking at purolator using the application number works as BLS uses that as the package reference number.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Further, the surrender certificate courier package needed signature from the recipient. If the house is closed, the package will be returned. So the mail box strategy may not work. Have you thought about or do you have any idea how to change the courier address to a friend's address?
They will leave a missed delivery notice which along with an authorization letter could be used to pickup the package from Purolator warehouse.

Reactions: samirradia

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
If label is already created, tracking at purolator using the application number works as BLS uses that as the package reference number.
Nothing showing up there. They have charged for expedite shipping, so not sure if purolator will be used for the same.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Nothing showing up there. They have charged for expedite shipping, so not sure if purolator will be used for the same.
Does expedited mean ship and deliver same day? In Toronto BLS has been shipping the same day they receive the document and Purolator delivering the next working day (if in GTA) in most cases. With few exceptions. Wonder whether a day could be saved if expedited.

Last edited:

stuffednstunned

Oct 26, 2023
My update:
Vancouver Jurisdiction
Postal application delivered: 30-Oct
Email from BLS: 9-Nov
Granted and printed: 14-Nov
Dispatched: 15-Nov
Received at home: 16-Nov
Number of days for processing: 7

This is the end of this saga.
Next saga begins on Dec 11 when I have an appointment for OCI application.

Reactions: eas2lv

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Does expedited mean ship and deliver same day? In Toronto BLS has been shipping the same day they receive the document and Purolator delivering the next working day (if in GTA) in most cases. With few exceptions. Wonder whether a day could be saved if expedited.
The receipt says "Exp. Courier/Out of Province" and $30 was charged. Could be just a way to fool and make money.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
The receipt says "Exp. Courier/Out of Province" and $30 was charged. Could be just a way to fool and make money.
I've heard they charge more for out of province -- but the "expedited" word is intriguing.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Started showing on Purolator tracking now. The Service used is "Purolator Express Envelope"
So, Exp. = Express? But Express envelope is not special. I got mine in the same. The extra fee may be just for out of province.