+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry Visa India

Ian10

Oct 25, 2023
Hi All, A bit confused as I am getting mixed answers and wanted to understand for Walk-in Entry Visa Application for a Minor do both parents need to be present while submitting the documents / application? As when I spoke with BLS on 2 separate occasions they confirmed both parents need to be present Hoping to hear back from someone who has processed a Minor Entry Visa in the last week.

bigdaddy2412

Jan 11, 2015
Hi All, A bit confused as I am getting mixed answers and wanted to understand for Walk-in Entry Visa Application for a Minor do both parents need to be present while submitting the documents / application? As when I spoke with BLS on 2 separate occasions they confirmed both parents need to be present Hoping to hear back from someone who has processed a Minor Entry Visa in the last week.
Hi I am done with the entry visa for my daughters. We walked in and yes we both were present. I am not sure if that is the requirement, but if you can go along with your partner that would be great. Since they might tell both of you guys to sign somewhere and if your wife is not present, then you have to come back. I hope this helps. So to be on a safer side, both of you should go.

Ian10

Oct 25, 2023
Hi I am done with the entry visa for my daughters. We walked in and yes we both were present. I am not sure if that is the requirement, but if you can go along with your partner that would be great. Since they might tell both of you guys to sign somewhere and if your wife is not present, then you have to come back. I hope this helps. So to be on a safer side, both of you should go.
Thanks for the feedback, its just that I am going to try and camp out from tonight (Alone) so was hoping that my wife and Infant would not need to come tomorrow morning incase I do not get through.

bigdaddy2412

Jan 11, 2015
Thanks for the feedback, its just that I am going to try and camp out from tonight (Alone) so was hoping that my wife and Infant would not need to come tomorrow morning incase I do not get through.
That is correct. Your wife needs to be present only when you go inside. so you can coordinate with her and when you think it is your time, tell her to join you. And please DONT bring your infant. They don't need him/her. It is too cold. I repeat DONT bring your infant. They don't need them for application. Thanks

Ian10

Oct 25, 2023
That is correct. Your wife needs to be present only when you go inside. so you can coordinate with her and when you think it is your time, tell her to join you. And please DONT bring your infant. They don't need him/her. It is too cold. I repeat DONT bring your infant. They don't need them for application. Thanks
Unfortunately I dont have any family and or anyone to look after my infant, so have no option but to bring him in the morning. However they would wait in the car.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Unfortunately I dont have any family and or anyone to look after my infant, so have no option but to bring him in the morning. However they would wait in the car.
Makes no sense that both parents have to be physically present. @Natie@1 @Anncs could you please confirm?

Gagzgill

Oct 23, 2023
Hi @Ian10 - one parent is fine but you just make sure to have both parents signatures on declaration page under thumb, birth certificate attested by both parents, consent form by both parents, childs passport copy attested by both parents, like any document that belongs to your spouse should be attested by him/her, anything common or for baby should be attested by both

Reactions: pgajiwala

pgajiwala

Oct 20, 2020
Just for anyone to get hold on difference in timeline for Postal vs Walkin or appointment

Based on my timeline for postal application. It looks like my file was delivered to BLS on 30th Oct and I got printed updated today on 10th Nov. Based on this my file processing speed was equal to people who submitted there file in person on Nov 8th. so delay to process is atleast 7 business days.

Reactions: Ian10 and Neerja

Ian10

Oct 25, 2023
Hi @Ian10 - one parent is fine but you just make sure to have both parents signatures on declaration page under thumb, birth certificate attested by both parents, consent form by both parents, childs passport copy attested by both parents, like any document that belongs to your spouse should be attested by him/her, anything common or for baby should be attested by both
Will definitely have all documents self attested by myself and spouse as we also submitted OCI for Minor recently. However my only worry is that incase there is an issue with the Application Form and BLS ask to have the form redone onsite and will need my Wife to sign for it.

Gagzgill

Oct 23, 2023
Will definitely have all documents self attested by myself and spouse as we also submitted OCI for Minor recently. However my only worry is that incase there is an issue with the Application Form and BLS ask to have the form redone onsite and will need my Wife to sign for it.
In that case get a consent letter signed from your spouse that you can file for your child’s visa. Also attach your marriage certificate for more clarity.

Uniyas

Nov 2, 2023
I doubt you both needs to be present to submit the application, that is why they request for consent letter? That being said, bring both of your surrendered certificate copy if Canadian and if still hold Indian passport than your status in Canada if on PR, work or any other. Also, have your infants thumb impression on first page in the box and under 'applicants signature' on second page along with both of your signature below thumb impression

Ian10

Oct 25, 2023
In that case get a consent letter signed from your spouse that you can file for your child’s visa. Also attach your marriage certificate for more clarity.
Thanks will probably get this done. However for Thumb impression of Infant for a new form at BLS, I dont believe there is any work around than the child having to be present. Anyways hoping for a smooth transition and not having to go thorough any further hastle.

Ian10

Oct 25, 2023
I doubt you both needs to be present to submit the application, that is why they request for consent letter? That being said, bring both of your surrendered certificate copy if Canadian and if still hold Indian passport than your status in Canada if on PR, work or any other. Also, have your infants thumb impression on first page in the box and under 'applicants signature' on second page along with both of your signature below thumb impression
Yeah not for submitting but only in the case of the Application form being rejected for whatever reason and they need a new form to be filled in at BLS. But yeah hoping the consent form and Marriage certificate should be sufficient along with the remaining paperwork.