+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry Visa India

sainis8184

Nov 2, 2023
We did walk in submission on Saturday 11/4 at Toronto BLS (after standing in queue for 30 hours) for infant entry visa. Currently shows as "In transit". Will keep folks updated here.

bigdaddy2412

Jan 11, 2015
Hi Guys
I also wanted to update that I applied for entry visa for my 2 infant daughters on Sunday (5th Nov.) at BLS Brampton. Currently it shows in transit to CGI. Will keep you guys posted as well. Thank you.

Reactions: eas2lv

Neerja

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
You are in a better situation compared to me. Same timeline as yours - postal delivered to BLS on Oct 30. No update at all.
You are in a better situation compared to me. Same timeline as yours - postal delivered to BLS on Oct 30. No update at all.
Completely agree. Where the walk-ins are processing in 2-3 and max 4 days, postals are not even processing till 5th day. Its quite disappointing.

Neerja

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
I suggest postal applicants to email the consulate with a request to direct BLS for faster handling of mail. BLS should be prioritizing VISA applications, but it seems they have not got the memo.
Though I do not have a postal application pending, I wrote the following to the CG through the sampark portal. Similar letters from affected individuals may have better effect as mine is based on hearsay. In the end, it may not help those currently waiting, but future applicants could benefit.

Dear Consul General,

We see that the consulate is making a concerted effort at expediting entry visa processing. Thank you very much.

However, it takes 7 to 10 days for BLS to open and review postal VISA applications before they are passed on to the consulate. Those mailed-in on Oct 26th are still waiting for their application to reach the CGI.

As few people have got appointments, and walk-in line-ups are unbearable these days, postal is the only viable option for many families. Please direct BLS to prioritize postal VISA applications, open and review them expeditiously, so that the process at CGI can start sooner.

Without a change in BLS timelines, all the great efforts of the CGI to assist PIOs in these difficult times are not getting fully realized.

Thank you for your consideration.

Full Name
Place
Please confirm email address. Will surely send one. Thanks!

amodmallya

Star Member
May 3, 2016
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
24-04-2016
AOR Received.
26-04-2016
Passport Req..
18-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2016
LANDED..........
26-11-2016
Hey Guys,
Whats the best time to lineup for the entry visa at brampton or toronto location?
there is no such thing. Line up there and hope the passport surrender servers fail so they allocate all agents to work on entry visa. I got lucky jsut because of that but still had to wait 12 hours outside in the cold to get in. If you have a partner or a friend then you can take turns and some can rest while others wait there. its not too bad as in things could be worse. but people waiting in line are doing their best to keep things going smoothly.

pgajiwala

Oct 20, 2020
Walkin's I believe they are getting there passport back within 7-9 calendar days right? whereas us for postal haven't even seen status as processing at Consulate after 7 calendar days with BLS and CGI being open on sat and sun in special case

Reactions: Gagzgill

iamsukhwinder

Oct 18, 2023
there is no such thing. Line up there and hope the passport surrender servers fail so they allocate all agents to work on entry visa. I got lucky jsut because of that but still had to wait 12 hours outside in the cold to get in. If you have a partner or a friend then you can take turns and some can rest while others wait there. its not too bad as in things could be worse. but people waiting in line are doing their best to keep things going smoothly.
Thank you. I work from 8-5. Just wanted to see how many days i need to take off to get in line. Most of the friends have office jobs so i have to stand in line by myself.

pgajiwala

Oct 20, 2020
Thank you. I work from 8-5. Just wanted to see how many days i need to take off to get in line. Most of the friends have office jobs so i have to stand in line by myself.
You would have to take a day or 2 off. Line up at afternoon and wait for your turn hopefullly you get in next morning and get it processed so only a day leave and manage to get out of work early the day before of walkin.

amodmallya

Star Member
May 3, 2016
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
24-04-2016
AOR Received.
26-04-2016
Passport Req..
18-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2016
LANDED..........
26-11-2016
find people in similar situation as you so you can tag team. The people take attendance every few hours so you keep your place in line so someone can do that for you while you rest and then you take turns. Once you are in the top 20, then you just stay in line till its your turn. or just mail it in if there is no rush or urgency. If i did not have to travel in November, i would have mailed it in.

pgajiwala

Oct 20, 2020
find people in similar situation as you so you can tag team. The people take attendance every few hours so you keep your place in line so someone can do that for you while you rest and then you take turns. Once you are in the top 20, then you just stay in line till its your turn. or just mail it in if there is no rush or urgency. If i did not have to travel in November, i would have mailed it in.
Agreed I have travel booked mid of Dec so not so urgent hence sent postal.