Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Last edited:

Positivevibes9

Apr 21, 2022
Just drove by the Toronto location and spoke to the nice people in line. Back of the line the people had arrived at 7:30am (now 12pm), and they are about 50 people in front of them. BLS only letting 9-10 people in per hour.
Thank you so much for the update. If I go there after 5 hours do you think I stand a chance for tomorrow. I'm Driving from Windsor

Hobbitfromshire

Apr 19, 2019
Hello

I sent Application by post on 26th and it was delivered on 27th morning. BLS did not acknowledge receipt until November 1st. Now today I got an email:

Dear Applicant,

Reference to your visa application, your visa application is accepted and the passport is with the agent. We shall keep you updated with the progress.

Status as on 05-11-23

did anyone get this? And how long after getting this was your visa granted?

Reactions: Gagzgill

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hello

I sent Application by post on 26th and it was delivered on 27th morning. BLS did not acknowledge receipt until November 1st. Now today I got an email:

Dear Applicant,

Reference to your visa application, your visa application is accepted and the passport is with the agent. We shall keep you updated with the progress.

Status as on 05-11-23

did anyone get this? And how long after getting this was your visa granted?
That means BLS has reviewed your application and marked it as accepted in the IVFRT system. Watch out for BLS status to change to "In transit to CGI" and "Processing at CGI". Thereafter follow the status at https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/ until processed, and then back on BLS site.
Walk-in people get this email the same day they submit.
If in Toronto jurisdiction, please add your timeline to https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OrnPSE5rkvj0SL5D1XxBz3G3-l13Lw_sOmYly5uPGe4/edit#gid=0
Yours may be the first case we have for postal applications with some real progress.

Last edited:

karamjeeet

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw, poland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12dec.2015
Nomination.....
Per 9 March,2015
AOR Received.
21may15
Med's Request
1june15
Med's Done....
9june,2015
Interview........
TLU 19june,,,,,,, DM 15 AUG. 2015
Hello everybody,
My brother is a police officer, is he eligible for india entry visa?
Are there any professions which are ineligible for india entry visa? How can I get information about this, as my brother was denied OCI due his profession.. please advise

Ankit003

Dec 11, 2019
Hi Folks,
Ai am filling-up an entry visa application for my infant. For the "Profession / Occupation Details of Applicant " section, do I need to fill-in my details or NA - Minor? It is logically supposed to be N/A but given the cases I have heard, though to check. Thanks in advance for help.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hello everybody,
My brother is a police officer, is he eligible for india entry visa?
Are there any professions which are ineligible for india entry visa? How can I get information about this, as my brother was denied OCI due his profession.. please advise
These kind of questions are best directed to the consulate for a reliable answer. Go to sampark portal, open an enquiry and they will tell you.
That said, you have to declare it in the visa form if you are a member of police etc., but I have not seen anything that says they are ineligible.
For OCI, a broad class of civil servants and police/armed forces personnel are ineligible and this is documented.

Last edited:

ancapry

Nov 5, 2023
Hi all.
Wanted to share my experience at BlS office, Brampton. My father in india is critical ill, his health has be deteriorating. I am the only child. Long story short, as soon I received a letter from the hospital, I applied via Sampark for an entry visa appointment. I got an appointment for next morning Nov 3rd at 8.30am.
I reached there before time, line up with 10 ppl ahead of me. I waited 45 mins to an hour to reach the counter. When my turn came, they said they can't grant me emergency visa (FYI it's only in case of death). I was so disheartened. The ppl there are helpful. He said I need to fill a new form. He said they can do it for me for $40 charge. I said I need visa, do what ever he can do. He helped me will the new form. And my application was done in 20-25 mins.
Keeping my fingers crossed, hopefully I can get visa soon, so I can fly the same day.

Nov 3rd : walkin application at BLS brampton
Nov 5th: still in transit from bls to cgi

Aug 21, 2018
These kind of questions are best directed to the consulate for a reliable answer. Go to sampark portal, open an enquiry and they will tell you.
That said, you have to declare it in the visa form if you are a member of police etc., but I have not seen anything that says they are ineligible.
For OCI, a broad class of civil servants and police/armed forces personnel are ineligible and this is documented.
Can you please share any such documentation for the same? I cannot find it on google. Thanks in advance

Reactions: karamjeeet

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hi all.
Wanted to share my experience at BlS office, Brampton. My father in india is critical ill, his health has be deteriorating. I am the only child. Long story short, as soon I received a letter from the hospital, I applied via Sampark for an entry visa appointment. I got an appointment for next morning Nov 3rd at 8.30am.
I reached there before time, line up with 10 ppl ahead of me. I waited 45 mins to an hour to reach the counter. When my turn came, they said they can't grant me emergency visa (FYI it's only in case of death). I was so disheartened. The ppl there are helpful. He said I need to fill a new form. He said they can do it for me for $40 charge. I said I need visa, do what ever he can do. He helped me will the new form. And my application was done in 20-25 mins.
Keeping my fingers crossed, hopefully I can get visa soon, so I can fly the same day.

Nov 3rd : walkin application at BLS brampton
Nov 5th: still in transit from bls to cgi
Sorry to hear your story. Hope you get the visa in hand soon and be with your family.

CGI is full of crap. Emergency situations should be handled directly by the consulate without having to run around BLS. The process they detail at the consulate site is so ambiguous, nonsensically complicated and heartless. One way for death, another for illness, with "go to consulate, then to BLS, then back to consulate" but, wait, sameday service will work only for death. Ripe ground for BLS to make one dance around further.

Indian bureaucracy has no brain or heart. Nor any idea of how to serve people. Enough said.

preet1911

Jun 30, 2015
Hi Folks,
Ai am filling-up an entry visa application for my infant. For the "Profession / Occupation Details of Applicant " section, do I need to fill-in my details or NA - Minor? It is logically supposed to be N/A but given the cases I have heard, though to check. Thanks in advance for help.
Someone in group suggested to put unemployed, and other filed put NA- minor . Keep it simple. I did the same , no issue at all. They submitted the file

Reactions: Ankit003

IndTOcanda

Star Member
Jun 18, 2019
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
Yes you can.
If you are submitting at Brampton plz go to Bldg 60 as SC and Visa applications are done over their. Bldg 40 does does SC (and other applications like OCI etc) but will not do Visa
If it is Toronto, all services are provided at one location
What is BLDG 60 and BLDG 40?