+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry Visa India

jay_99

Oct 16, 2023
hello everyone,

unable to see any appointments from bls brampton either for oci or visa...
what was the last time here someone booked any appointment from thier website..?

also what is the latest info on if we book appointment for oci and go for visa..,,.are they allowing??

Thank you

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Yeah, before it even started.. As if they did an express processing on 26th and 27th to score a point, and then went back to "normal"?
That said, simple tourist visa used to take 2-3 days in the consulate, so may be we are being impatient and spoilt by e-VISA.
Trying to understand the realistic processing time. Looks like 7-10 days from submission to getting in hand.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
hello everyone,

unable to see any appointments from bls brampton either for oci or visa...
what was the last time here someone booked any appointment from thier website..?

also what is the latest info on if we book appointment for oci and go for visa..,,.are they allowing??

Thank you
At least in BLS Toronto, appointment type does not matter. You get a token if your name is in their list and the token is the same for all types. I hear Brampton is the same and the list is common one for both buildings. So, grab any type of appt. you can get.

jay_99

Oct 16, 2023
At least in BLS Toronto, appointment type does not matter. You get a token if your name is in their list and the token is the same for all types. I hear Brampton is the same and the list is common one for both buildings. So, grab any type of appt. you can get.
Yeah checking since last 4 days no luck so far....
will keep checking, thanks

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Trying to understand the realistic processing time. Looks like 7-10 days from submission to getting in hand.
That sounds right to me (for walk-in). Here in Toronto, BLS passes on the application to Consulate only the next working day. Giving 3 working days[*] for the consulate to process it, and 3 working days for transit back to BLS, dispatch and receive, I would estimate 6 working days = 8 calendar days. Add 7 or 10 calendar days for postal. At least here, BLS is very slow opening and processing mail (based on OCI application data).

[*] 3 is a guess here: as more data comes in we may get a better handle on this.

Last edited:
Reactions: forw.jane

Neerja

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
Hi Neerja thank you for your prompt response, the thing is I didn't separate $30 courier return fee I included it with the processing fee in one draft. Wont they need that $30 to return the application, which is part of the whole draft?
In all probability, you will receive a call from BLS if anything goes wrong. Keep tracking the BLS website.

Reactions: Uniyas

pgajiwala

Oct 20, 2020
Mine is still "No Records Found" on BLS and "Under Process" on Visa site. Hopefully it changes today! Fingers Crossed!
Yes I really hope they clear the backlog today for postal application. I still have extra days till my travel but I don't want to risk it going home after more than 4 years.

Neerja

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
Yes I really hope they clear the backlog today for postal application. I still have extra days till my travel but I don't want to risk it going home after more than 4 years.
Agreed! Did you get any email notification for the status change?

jaydevadhikari

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hi All! Few questions:

My wife's OCI application was submitted Oct 13th, and still waiting ack. and we are flying on Dec 7th. It's a touch and go situation, so we are thinking of applying for entry visa as well to see if that comes on time. Few questions for all here:

1) Since appointments are not available, do you recommend postal applications. We will only be applying for a 6 month visa so don't require biometrics, so I am assuming postal is an option?
2) If we send through postal, we will have to send original Canadian passport. If in the meanwhile, our OCI comes in, can we cancel the visa application and request our passport back? If yes, what is the process for that?
3) If we get the visa, and also get the OCI completed before we travel, I am assuming we will travel on the OCI, and the visa will be redundant then? Or do we have to do some procedure to cancel the visa?
4) Given how unreliable BLS website is, can anyone who has had a succesful application share the documents required, or confirm that the BLS checklist is accurate.

Thanks