+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry Visa India

Pulkit.H

Apr 25, 2019
Now that we can apply for e-visas, how do we get our passports back on time? this is for those of us who applied for entry visas and cutting it close... any suggestions would be appreciated. Travel date is Dec 9th and I applied evisas this morning.
I think, there’s an option to withdraw entry visa application by filling withdrawal form at BLS. What I have heard is they send back passport within 48-72 hours of withdrawal.
Although, at this point I feel you should wait and look if you get an update on evisa application in 24-48 hours before you decide on withdrawing entry visa.

skondav

Nov 18, 2023
I think, there’s an option to withdraw entry visa application by filling withdrawal form at BLS. What I have heard is they send back passport within 48-72 hours of withdrawal.
Although, at this point I feel you should wait and look if you get an update on evisa application in 24-48 hours before you decide on withdrawing entry visa.
thanks.. I was thinking the same but wanted to have a backup plan. I basically don't trust their withdrawal process either. I want to know if anyone actually did it. Also, what if I walk-in during their enquiry hours and ask them to send back the applications?. I haven't received the ivfrt email, meaning it is not at the consulate yet.

Singh8998

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
Hey folks what would happen to those Evisa applications which were applied before and their status shows processed since then. Will they be considered or should I reapply?

Harpreet96

Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
Can anyone help to upload photo the photo comes on all screen and little box to crop no option to go ahead when i try to upload

bhvuan

Star Member
Oct 15, 2017
Hey folks what would happen to those Evisa applications which were applied before and their status shows processed since then. Will they be considered or should I reapply?
I'm on the same boat. When I check application status, it shows my previous granted ETA. I'll wait a couple of days to see if it processes.

Reactions: Singh8998

Harpreet96

Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
I have applied for e visa and will be going in today to withdraw the application for entry visa any idea when can i get my passport after withdrawal

Harpreet96

Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
An update on my saga. Went to BLS today during their 3pm time with new application, hoping they will take it. Instead I was advised that because the mistake was on the application, entire application package will be mailed back to me, which could take 2 weeks or more because they are so backlogged, another option given was I sign a form to withdraw the entire application, they will find it within 48-72 hours and express it back to me, then I can go in person, stand in line from 5am because sending it my post there will be delays........They can find the application in 48-72 hours to send it back, but they won't replace the application with the new one and send it for processing ??? I had no choice but to fill out the withdrawal form to get it all back "hopefully" by the end of this week and then I will have to stand in line.
Making matters worse, when applying in person for a minor both parents have to be there, I am divorced and their father lives in Montreal, so I have to get him to come here.......this is beyond ridiculous.
Going to India after 12 years, now wondering if it's worth it. Have been stressed over this for 2 months. Have even applied for OCI for all 3 of us before they opened the entry visa.
Did you got any update about sending back application

bhvuan

Star Member
Oct 15, 2017
My previous one is granted now but I have already applied again :/
So your current application just before ban has been granted? When I try to check status, it only asks for passport, and the status shows my June application granted which is already expired. How do I check my current application?

Singh8998

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
So your current application just before ban has been granted? When I try to check status, it only asks for passport, and the status shows my June application granted which is already expired. How do I check my current application?
Did you apply for six months entry or a year?