Entry Visa India processing time?? Anyone applied in september 2022

tisha511

Dec 5, 2015
Kitchener
Visa Office......
Kitchener
LANDED..........
19-08-2017
Can anyone help me. My husband recently got citizenship. We tried to reschedule but were not given the option
We got the Canada passport done on urgent but the agent at BLS brampton counter says it take 30 to 45 days for Entry/tourist visa.
WE have only 3 weeks left to travel and not sure what to do .
Should we surrender passport and apply for entry visa or tourist visa?
Please advise.

dibyapal

Star Member
Oct 5, 2018
Hi, I did the same. On 8th Sep I went to the Brampton BLS to surrender my passport and apply for Entry visa. From what I have heard from multiple people, it takes max 2 weeks to get Entry visa. I have my flight booked for Sep 30th. I would suggest you still apply for Entry visa through walkin asap. Probably a week before travel you can reach out to the consulate if you dont receive the visa.

MH1990

May 29, 2016
Hi,
Did you apply for surrender certificate and entry visa on same time and was it Entry visa or Tourist visa? I am planning to go on November 11, 2022 and returning in May 2023. I got my Canadian passport and going to apply for surrender certificate for my Indian passport at BLS centre. I am confused if I should apply for Entry visa or Tourist. Can you please let me know if possible? Thanks

dibyapal

Star Member
Oct 5, 2018
Hi,
Did you apply for surrender certificate and entry visa on same time and was it Entry visa or Tourist visa? I am planning to go on November 11, 2022 and returning in May 2023. I got my Canadian passport and going to apply for surrender certificate for my Indian passport at BLS centre. I am confused if I should apply for Entry visa or Tourist. Can you please let me know if possible? Thanks
Entry visa is only for people who were Indian citizens. Tourist visa is for everyone. However Entry visa is way faster than tourist visa. So if you were an Indian citizen then apply for entry visa while surrendering passport.

MH1990

May 29, 2016
Entry visa is only for people who were Indian citizens. Tourist visa is for everyone. However Entry visa is way faster than tourist visa. So if you were an Indian citizen then apply for entry visa while surrendering passport.
Thanks for your prompt reply.. Did you enter Indian passport details with Canadian passport?

MH1990

May 29, 2016
I applied in person for Indian passport surrender certificate (for my wife only), entry visa for my wife and son at same time. BLS agent said all documents are good and my son who was born here in Canada got his entry visa but my wife visa got rejected and of course there is no reason. Now I am going to wait for surrender certificate and try applying again by standing in line from 2AM again..so hate this process

anujgupta84

Sep 12, 2014
Hi guys,

I sent my Entry Visa application though Canada Post to BLS Surrey. It was delivered on 3rd Oct. I haven't got any update at all. I have tried calling them. Of course there Call center is a joke! What should I do? Please suggest..

wolfman2017

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-07-2015
AOR Received.
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
27-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-09-2015
Can anyone help me. My husband recently got citizenship. We tried to reschedule but were not given the option
We got the Canada passport done on urgent but the agent at BLS brampton counter says it take 30 to 45 days for Entry/tourist visa.
WE have only 3 weeks left to travel and not sure what to do .
Should we surrender passport and apply for entry visa or tourist visa?
Please advise.
Hi.. Just wanted to check if you got the entry visa and how long it took?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi guys,

I sent my Entry Visa application though Canada Post to BLS Surrey. It was delivered on 3rd Oct. I haven't got any update at all. I have tried calling them. Of course there Call center is a joke! What should I do? Please suggest..
Did you tried to check on BLS website or Passport portal?

anujgupta84

Sep 12, 2014
Did you tried to check on BLS website or Passport portal?
Thanks for replying.

Yes, I did click 'Track Application' on their website but it says 'No records found'. Is there something else I can do? I don't even know if the processing has started. I am so anxious!

karana

Jan 25, 2017
Hey Anuj,

Did you get your entry visa. What was the timeline? Thanks

For me it tooks two weeks, though it says 45 days. Applied Oct 15 (bls north York, walk-in) got it Oct 25 Indian visa website doesn't show any status update. Only BLS tracking will let us know if it's dispatched..