+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry VISA from withing Canada

D

David83

Dear all,

I was answering the questions to apply for an entry visa, and when the checklist appeared there was the travel itinerary required. I answered that I am residing in Canada already, and I don't have a particular plan to travel soon. I just need to issue an entry visa just in case I need to leave for an emergency. What should I do in this case?

Thanks

rar

Star Member
Jun 4, 2011
David83 said:
Dear all,

I was answering the questions to apply for an entry visa, and when the checklist appeared there was the travel itinerary required. I answered that I am residing in Canada already, and I don't have a particular plan to travel soon. I just need to issue an entry visa just in case I need to leave for an emergency. What should I do in this case?

Thanks
Yeah nowadays travel itinerary has become a requirement. You can attach a cover letter that you don't have any plans to travel soon and you have a valid status in Canada and want a TRV just in case of emergency.

rar

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
David83 said:
You are answering it wrong.

There is no itinerary requirement for WP holders. Double check your answers.

D

David83

rar said:
Yeah nowadays travel itinerary has become a requirement. You can attach a cover letter that you don't have any plans to travel soon and you have a valid status in Canada and want a TRV just in case of emergency.

rar
I am going to do this. Thanks

D

David83

Jalex23 said:
You are answering it wrong.

There is no itinerary requirement for WP holders. Double check your answers.
I checked my answers at the end of the questionnaire. I asked about this and they told me it is may be a bug in the system. Thanks

D

David83

Yesterday, I didn't submit the application, because I wanted to make sure of the travel itinerary thing. Today when I opened the application, I answered some questions again (current resident address wasn't one of them), and now the checklist doesn't display the travel itinerary!!

I have another question: I wish the VISA to be multiple Entry VISA, and in the application there was no option I've seen to choose that. How to choose that I need a multiple entry VISA? or it will be in later stages?

Thanks

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
David83 said:
Yesterday, I didn't submit the application, because I wanted to make sure of the travel itinerary thing. Today when I opened the application, I answered some questions again (current resident address wasn't one of them), and now the checklist doesn't display the travel itinerary!!

I have another question: I wish the VISA to be multiple Entry VISA, and in the application there was no option I've seen to choose that. How to choose that I need a multiple entry VISA? or it will be in later stages?

Thanks
You have no say in whether your TRV is multiple entry. That is at the sole discretion of the visa officer reviewing your application.

D

David83

ButterflyChemist said:
You have no say in whether your TRV is multiple entry. That is at the sole discretion of the visa officer reviewing your application.
I see. Is this new? Because the last time I applied I remember there was the option to choose. Thanks

rar

Star Member
Jun 4, 2011
Well I have also applied for TRV and I am also living in canada but after filling the questionnaire just like I did last time, I was asked to submit my travel. Itinerary.
As far as multiple visa is concerned, from now on VO will assume all TRV applications as multiple entry except for few scenarios ( CIC website has that listed).

D

David83

rar said:
Well I have also applied for TRV and I am also living in canada but after filling the questionnaire just like I did last time, I was asked to submit my travel. Itinerary.
As far as multiple visa is concerned, from now on VO will assume all TRV applications as multiple entry except for few scenarios ( CIC website has that listed).
Probably it is a bug in the system, because after I answered some questions again in the second time I logged in to my application, the travel itinerary disappeared, but the status document request disappeared, too. In the third time I logged in, and answered some questions again, the expected documents in the checklist for my situation finally appeared correctly.

For the multiple entry VISA, thanks for the input.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
David83 said:
Probably it is a bug in the system
The system is alright.

I answered the online tool before giving my advice and got the expected result. You have to be more careful on what you answer, the slightest question can have a deep impact.