+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry to Canada after more than 1 year of granting Super Visa

Faisal_81

Apr 22, 2020
Hi All

My father got super visa in Aug 2019 and they are supposed to come to Canada in May 2020. Due to Covid19, I postponed his travel to Mar 2021. The question is do he needs to undergo medical exam again given he will enter Canada after 1 year of medical exam. ( Note: He has granted a Super Visa with Medical Surveillance Undertaking, means he has to report to health clinic after his landing).

I am bit stressed now, need help.

Thank You
Faisal

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All

My father got super visa in Aug 2019 and they are supposed to come to Canada in May 2020. Due to Covid19, I postponed his travel to Mar 2021. The question is do he needs to undergo medical exam again given he will enter Canada after 1 year of medical exam. ( Note: He has granted a Super Visa with Medical Surveillance Undertaking, means he has to report to health clinic after his landing).

Thank You
Faisal
A medical exam may be required by the insurance company. It won’t be needed by CIC.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi All

Thank You
Faisal
À visa has an expiration date, these super visas are usually for 10 years.

You can enter/exit Canada as long as it is valid, but it's not like you have a deadline by which you have to enter Canada. There is not such thing as landing for parents super visas.

IRCC medical exam is only done for visa processing, once it has been granted medical exams don't need to be redone until next application.

All you need to make sure is your dad has a Canadian medical insurance for 100k or more for at least 1 year each time he visits.