+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ENTRY STAMP ON THE PASSPORT

Jerry1410

Star Member
May 17, 2015
Hi
Recently I had gone for vacation and while returning I came from New York to Toronto.
I thought that I will be sent to the Immigration Officer at the Airport and will get the entry stamp on my Passport.

Much to my surprise, after clearing from Customs I was directed to directly go to the Baggage claim area and there was no Immigration Officer to put the Entry Stamp on the Passport.

Then I asked one of the persons sitting there about it and that person directed me to another lady who asked me why I wanted the Entry Stamp on the Passport. I told her that when it comes to renew the PR Card they ask for Travel History and the entry stamp is the evidence to prove your IN and OUT dates. For that she told me that you should write in your application asking them to refer to your Travel Record as the entry is recorded by scanning the PR Card before proceeding to Customs.

In the past, the Immigration Office used to ask the applicant to contact the CBSA and get the Travel History and it takes a long time to get it. Is there a change in the procedure now so that Immigration Office can access this Travel History from CBSA directly.

Does anybody know more about this? If yes, please do write.

Thank you

cmoncanada

Mar 22, 2017
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
Med's Done....
20/03/2017
You might be asked to provide consent for them to access your travel history with CBSA directly.

Jerry1410

Star Member
May 17, 2015
Yeh! but they do not access it even if you give them consent. They ask you to get and give it to them and that takes a lot of time.