+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry refusal under family reunification

mgdesigner28

Jul 8, 2020
Hello everyone,
I've been reading testimonies about Air Canada refusing the entry to spouses or common law partners under family reunification. The information on the IRCC website is clear to me: as spouse of a canadian citizen, I'm able to enter Canada with the purpose of reuniting with my husband for 15 days or more https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/travel-restrictions.html#travel-restriction-exemptions and also, I don't need to receive a written authorization from IRCC or the embassy in my country.
These people had the documents required (proof of citizenship of the canadian citizen such as passports copies or birth certificates and proof of the relationship such as marriage certificate) and also, they were fully vaccinated.

Does anyone of you know about people having issues entering to Canada recently?

Thanks in advance!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So you have a visitor visa and were denied boarding. You use “these people were vaccinated” so not sure if this is one or two people.

empatio

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Hi Naturgrl, I'm talking about other people's testimonies :( one spouse, one common law partner, etc.
If the person in Canada is Permanent Resident or Citizen, their spouse shouldn't have any issue entering. Did you read these testimonies online? Can you link them here?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
There are some people on Facebook and in other places reporting this. It's an Air Canada issue as I see it, I think their stations are misinterpreting.

Some foreign Air Canada locations are not actually Air Canada staff; they're partner airlines staff working for Air Canada temporarily. That may contribute.

mgdesigner28

Jul 8, 2020
There are some people on Facebook and in other places reporting this. It's an Air Canada issue as I see it, I think their stations are misinterpreting.

Some foreign Air Canada locations are not actually Air Canada staff; they're partner airlines staff working for Air Canada temporarily. That may contribute.
Hello! I've read this in a spousal sponsorship support group but it's private. But in case it may contribute, I'll paste it here https://www.facebook.com/groups/inlandsponsorship/

mmoin

Jul 22, 2015
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
12-Oct-2016
AOR Received.
24-Oct-2016
File Transfer...
26-Oct-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-Jun-2016
Passport Req..
07-Nov-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-Nov-2017
Hello, I have family visiting soon and I’m curious. I spoke to a CBSA agent and some of the factors to consider are; if the vaccine was on the approved list for Canada; more than 15 days had passed since their second shot; they were visiting for more than 15 days and they had a quarantine plan in place irrespective of the high probability of receiving exemption from the CBSA upon landing.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
L
The problem here isn't CBSA, it's airlines refusing carriage.
That's not really true.

With the COVID travel restrictions in place, airlines now verify with CBSA that certain passengers (e.g. non PRs, non citizens) are eligible to travel before they allow boarding. So refusal could be the airline or it could be CBSA. Both are possible. We've seen several cases here where the airline was prepared to let the passenger board but they received a no from CBSA.

Reactions: Buletruck

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Airlines get a “
No board “ message from the CBSA . Agents checks in passenger, and it’ll either proceed to spit out a boarding pass or “ No board “, and typically the airline will have a direct line to customs as too why . Airlines overseas get directions from customs .
I remember I was checking in someone to Australia. Received a no board, call immigration. Called the number to Australian Immigration in Canberra. There electronic visa had been cancelled. And all I was advised to tell the passenger was contact the Australian Consulate.

Sledge

Star Member
Dec 30, 2020
Edmonton
Category........
VISIT
Airlines get a “
No board “ message from the CBSA . Agents checks in passenger, and it’ll either proceed to spit out a boarding pass or “ No board “, and typically the airline will have a direct line to customs as too why . Airlines overseas get directions from customs .
I remember I was checking in someone to Australia. Received a no board, call immigration. Called the number to Australian Immigration in Canberra. There electronic visa had been cancelled. And all I was advised to tell the passenger was contact the Australian Consulate.
Perhaps that is why my GF from Indonesia was nearly denied boarding the plane while on her layover in Korea. She had the letter of authorization but they also wanted to see a digital notarized copy of the IMM006 form. Fortunately, I was able to send it to her via Whatsapp and they let her board at literally the last minute.

empatio

Star Member
May 23, 2017
My parents (I'm a permanent resident) came yesterday for their 16 day visit. They needed their proof of being fully vaccinated, having a negative PCR test from the last 72 hours, translation of my birth certificate as proof of our relationship and a copy of my PR card. They had to have ArriveCAN app filled out. With all this, they didn't have any problem coming here. No one was even questioning them. They didn't test them at the airport, but they got a self testing kit that they have to do on the first day. They didn't get any restrictions at all. Good luck everyone with your close ones visiting you.

Reactions: Harshara

Brozachs

Jan 29, 2015
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
IRCC / Paris VO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
Interview........
N/A
My parents (I'm a permanent resident) came yesterday for their 16 day visit. They needed their proof of being fully vaccinated, having a negative PCR test from the last 72 hours, translation of my birth certificate as proof of our relationship and a copy of my PR card. They had to have ArriveCAN app filled out. With all this, they didn't have any problem coming here. No one was even questioning them. They didn't test them at the airport, but they got a self testing kit that they have to do on the first day. They didn't get any restrictions at all. Good luck everyone with your close ones visiting you.
Good to know

Reactions: Winner Man