+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry or Tourist visa for India?

Titli1234

Dec 12, 2022
Dec 7 - walk in application
Dec 8 - reached Consulate
Dec 15 - Granted but not printed (9am) - consulate website
Dec 15 - Granted and Printed (noon) on Consulate website
Dec 15- Processing at Consulate General(Bls website)

Waiting.. Flight to catch on Dec 24
I would suggest to call bls today after 1,30 today if you still dont see status update and ask of if u can pick up / they post . my flight is on the 23rd. yours processed really quick :)

isas18

Dec 4, 2022
Hi! I kept checking and the status changed to ready to dispatch around 1.30 yesterday ( i think that's when they update statuses?) . And then I called BLS Ottawa. So 2 hours , multiple disconnections and bad agents after, I finally managed to connect to someone nice. I told her I have a flight to catch next week so if she could kindly be able to mail it asap and that I paid to Purolator through bls already. I was surprised . She said she will mail it right away and I should receive my package in 24hours. Purolator says I should receive my passport today so I am waiting for it.

Things that I have learnt so far in this process -

1. Call multiple times and pick a different department to ask for your query. When they connect you to your desired department internally , it connects faster and usually disconnects less.
2. They will not post your package with a prepaid envelope if you have attached it with your application , and leave it lying around ( shitty I know but that's the reality. I lost a lot of time and effort with my surrender certificate) online they said they had posted it with my Canada post tracking .. n it took a lot of back and forth to figure that they didn't post it at all n then it came right away as soon as I paid for their Purolator service.
3. if you have the time/get an appointment, it is probably faster to do it in person , just reading from things in this forum
Thanks for letting know all the details. Today is 8th day and still it is under processing at consulate. I have flight on 26th. Really stressful. Fingers crossed

isas18

Dec 4, 2022

Wow!! That is great.
Is this surrey location? Have they started walk in again?

Titli1234

Dec 12, 2022
Wow!! That is great.
Thanks for letting know all the details. Today is 8th day and still it is under processing at consulate. I have flight on 26th. Really stressful. Fingers crossed
my passport just arrived a bit ago.. II was in the exact same boat and my flight is on the 23rd, so I totally get you . Try to hold your patience and hopefully its ready for you by 20th after lunch and then call BLS on 21st and say that you have a flight. if u can pick up / they post to you asap! you applied in Toronto?

Reactions: ARP!

isas18

Dec 4, 2022
my passport just arrived a bit ago.. I guess try to hold your patience and hopefully its ready for you by 20th after lunch and then call BLS on 21st and say that you have a flight. if u can pick up / they post to you asap! you applied in Toronto?
I applied in surrey location. For 2 weeks my application was no records found status!
I went to bls location and they then opened my file.So wasted a good amount of my time. I think it is all luck now.
Glad it worked out for you :)
Have a safe flight and enjoy your trip

Titli1234

Dec 12, 2022
I applied in surrey location. For 2 weeks my application was no records found status!
I went to bls location and they then opened my file.So wasted a good amount of my time. I think it is all luck now.
Glad it worked out for you :)
Have a safe flight and enjoy your trip
yeah! same here... I had to call them almost everyday for a week and a half before they opened my file. Thank you! I really hope it will work out for you as well

Reactions: isas18

can-dreamz

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
Hi,

My tourist visa status on Indian website shows its processed and printed. I have a flight on December 22nd. Hope to receive my passport before that.

December 8 - Applied in-person at BLS Brampton
December 9 - Processing at Consulate General
December 16- Visa is processed and printed

In the BLS tracking it still shows processing at Consulate.

gill30041965

Sep 21, 2022
Hi Ku

Hi All, My wife also got the same email from CGI, Vancouver to fill the form A today. This 90days processing time is scaring me. Did anyone got their visa after sending the form A. We have already postponed our trip once.
My visa is granted and processed within couple of hrs of sending Form A to CGI, Toronto. The general rule of thump is 90 days but it will be processed quickly. But it took about 30 days to come to the Form A stage.

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
BLS status claims "Ready for Dispatch", does this mean passport is back with BLS? And is it possible to pick up it tomorrow Saturday?

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
My visa is granted and processed within couple of hrs of sending Form A to CGI, Toronto. The general rule of thump is 90 days but it will be processed quickly. But it took about 30 days to come to the Form A stage.
how did you found about your visa is granted
I sent for a on Nov 24, no movement
is 90 days after Fomr a or initally when application was submitted, May i ask do you for for federal or provincial government?
can you post all of your timeline?
thank you

Amar55

Jun 25, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
Doc's Request.
22-09-2017
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
IELTS Request
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
22-09-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2018
Dec 16 - On the way from Consulate to BLS (BLS website)

Hoping to get it by Monday/tuesday

Reactions: can-dreamz

Amar55

Jun 25, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
Doc's Request.
22-09-2017
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
IELTS Request
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
22-09-2017
Passport Req..
15-01-2018
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2018
Wow!! That is great.
Brampton location. walk in by appointment only. they open appointment bookings every evening for the next days. I got lucky that I got an appointment.