+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry or Tourist visa for India?

Leo0806

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
Nov 21st: Sent to BLS Brampton
Nov 23rd: BLS acknowledgement on BLS Portal
Nov 28th: Status changed to Under processing at Consulate on BLS Portal. Got email from Consulate that Visa application accepted and passport with agent
Nov29th: Status on Indiavisaonline - In Progress

Reactions: ARP!

arc203

Oct 28, 2022
My bad i should mention this is for Surrey BLS.
Similar to Hamzy: The postal application is not for you unless you have at least 1.5 - 2 months (conservatively) to spare. Do a walk in/appointment if you can, preferably.

First of all let me just preface it with this: The call center may be useless so you might have to go there in person to expedite it. but be prepared to wait in an annoyingly long queue for maybe 8 hrs ( taken this from somebody else's expereince here)

Here are my timelines so far :

Postal application for surrender passport and tourist visa : Surrey BLS - Oct 17th 2022
Received dual application on 18th October
Tourist visa - Under processing at consulate - Nov 8th 2022 ( status changed for the first time 22 days since I sent it)
Surrender passport status change - under processing, in transit from BLS to consulate - Nov 8th 2022
Tourist visa - In transit from consulate to BLS centre
Tourist visa - ready for dispatch - Nov 22nd 2022
Tourist visa dispatched via courier - Nov 28th 2022 (after a phone call, not sure if this made a difference but a ticket was created)
Surrender passport - In transit from consulate to BLS centre
Tourist visa received Nov 30th

I am not too concerned about the surrender passport as you don't need that to travel but the tourist visa was most important.

Additionally, I had a flight booked to Vancouver for the 2nd of December just in case they did not have it ready before I travelled the week after.

The only real tip here is just keep calling them as much as you can and try not taking no for answer. If they issue you a ticket, great, but don't count on it making too much of a difference. I cant say mine did for sure.

Hope this helps someone else.

Reactions: Leo0806 and ARP!

Sindhu1601

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Similar to Hamzy: The postal application is not for you unless you have at least 1.5 - 2 months (conservatively) to spare. Do a walk in/appointment if you can, preferably.

First of all let me just preface it with this: The call center may be useless so you might have to go there in person to expedite it. but be prepared to wait in an annoyingly long queue for maybe 8 hrs ( taken this from somebody else's expereince here)

Here are my timelines so far :

Postal application for surrender passport and tourist visa : Surrey BLS - Oct 17th 2022
Received dual application on 18th October
Tourist visa - Under processing at consulate - Nov 8th 2022 ( status changed for the first time 22 days since I sent it)
Surrender passport status change - under processing, in transit from BLS to consulate - Nov 8th 2022
Tourist visa - In transit from consulate to BLS centre
Tourist visa - ready for dispatch - Nov 22nd 2022
Tourist visa dispatched via courier - Nov 28th 2022 (after a phone call, not sure if this made a difference but a ticket was created)
Surrender passport - In transit from consulate to BLS centre
Tourist visa received Nov 30th

I am not too concerned about the surrender passport as you don't need that to travel but the tourist visa was most important.

Additionally, I had a flight booked to Vancouver for the 2nd of December just in case they did not have it ready before I travelled the week after.

The only real tip here is just keep calling them as much as you can and try not taking no for answer. If they issue you a ticket, great, but don't count on it making too much of a difference. I cant say mine did for sure.

Hope this helps someone else.
Some of them picked up their package when it was ready for package,and few picked up from the Purolator..my package took 1 day to be shipped to Purolator warehouse,if I don't get it by TMRW r Friday,I would try to go to the warehouse and pick up from them

ARP!

Dec 6, 2020
Nov 28th: Status changed to Under processing at Consulate on BLS Portal. Got email from Consulate that Visa application accepted and passport with agent
Looks like Brampton's processing time is better than Surrey.

Nov 16: Sent to BLS Surrey
Nov 17: Received at BLS
Nov 29: Status changed to Under processing on BLS Portal and Indiavisa. Got email that Visa application is accepted and passport is with an agent
Nov 30th: Status updated to in transit from BLS to consulate general (BLS portal)
Dec 1: Processing at consulate general

Last edited:
Reactions: Leo0806

Leo0806

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
Dec 1st: Visa granted but not printed. Please contact respective office where you have submitted the application one day after Visa is printed

Leo0806

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
Looks like Brampton's processing time is better than Surrey.

Nov 16: Sent to BLS Surrey
Nov 17: Received at BLS
Nov 29: Status changed to Under processing on BLS Portal and Indiavisa. Got email that Visa application is accepted and passport is with an agent
Nov 30th: Status updated to in transit from BLS to consulate general (BLS portal)
Dec 1: Processing at consulate general
Maybe due to the number of applications

Leo0806

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
Dec 1st: Visa granted but not printed. Please contact respective office where you have submitted the application one day after Visa is printed
Dec 2nd: Visa processed and printed.Please contact the respective office on next working day where you have submitted your Application.

soumib

Dec 2, 2022
Hello,
Its been so frustrating dealing with this. I originally had tickets to India booked on the 6th of December. I applied for my Visa via postal to BLS surrey on the 27th October, it reached the office on 31st October. after that it was a whirlwind of calls and emails to get them to open my file. they finally opened my file on the 18th of November. Ever since that its been 'Processing at the consulate'. Does anyone else have a similar situation where it has been at the consulate for over 2 weeks? I am looking to postpone my tickets now but have know idea how long i should postpone it for.

soumib

Dec 2, 2022
Hello,
Its been so frustrating dealing with this. I originally had tickets to India booked on the 6th of December. I applied for my Visa via postal to BLS surrey on the 27th October, it reached the office on 31st October. after that it was a whirlwind of calls and emails to get them to open my file. they finally opened my file on the 18th of November. Ever since that its been 'Processing at the consulate'. Does anyone else have a similar situation where it has been at the consulate for over 2 weeks? I am looking to postpone my tickets now but have know idea how long i should postpone it for.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Dec 2nd: Visa processed and printed.Please contact the respective office on next working day where you have submitted your Application.
Also for tourist visa it’s asking for surrender certificate? How can i send tourist visa application without surrender certificate? I just sent my application for surrender certificate to bls and what proof can I attach?

Leo0806

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
Also for tourist visa it’s asking for surrender certificate? How can i send tourist visa application without surrender certificate? I just sent my application for surrender certificate to bls and what proof can I attach?
If you were an Indian citizen before, you have surrender your Indian passport and apply for a Tourist Vida to visit India.
Or you can apply for Visa and Surrender certificate at the same time.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
If you were an Indian citizen before, you have surrender your Indian passport and apply for a Tourist Vida to visit India.
Or you can apply for Visa and Surrender certificate at the same time.
Can you please explain me how can i do that ? Should I submit a letter or something with visa application? Can i put both applications in same envelope?

Leo0806

Star Member
Jun 21, 2022
Can you please explain me how can i do that ? Should I submit a letter or something with visa application? Can i put both applications in same envelope?
You need to contact BLS for these details. Please call them and they will guide you. Ofcourse it will be some time before your calm gets connected.

Reactions: Miss bee

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Can anyone please tell me in surrender certificate form there is passport details section. Is this indian passport details right?