+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry into Canada on a valid PR card while PR card renewal application is in progress

ThePRguy

Feb 12, 2023
Hi, There is one month difference between the expiry date on my PR card and 5 year completion date as a PR. Expiry date on my PR card is end of February 2025 while 5 years completion date as PR is end of January 2025. I moved to Canada when little over 25 months were remaining on my PR. I commute between US and Canada for work twice a week (I drive to the US in the morning and return to Canada in the evening of next day with two consecutive days of work in the US so all my days are counted towards PR). Now before applying for PR renewal I'd like to give one month buffer to the required 760 days i.e I would likely apply for PR at the end of January (5 years after becoming PR). My question is will I be allowed entry into Canada between end of January and end of February while PR card renewal application is in progress? I am assuming border agents will be able to see in their systems that five years have passed in that one month time frame.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, There is one month difference between the expiry date on my PR card and 5 year completion date as a PR. Expiry date on my PR card is end of February 2025 while 5 years completion date as PR is end of January 2025. I moved to Canada when little over 25 months were remaining on my PR. I commute between US and Canada for work twice a week (I drive to the US in the morning and return to Canada in the evening of next day with two consecutive days of work in the US so all my days are counted towards PR). Now before applying for PR renewal I'd like to give one month buffer to the required 760 days i.e I would likely apply for PR at the end of January (5 years after becoming PR). My question is will I be allowed entry into Canada between end of January and end of February while PR card renewal application is in progress? I am assuming border agents will be able to see in their systems that five years have passed in that one month time frame.
Non issue.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
730 days is the R.O., not 760.

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
If you work near the border, it works. You don't even need a home in Canada but you still can meet RO...strange situation. Theorically, you can do this by staying in Canada for several minutes every two days and got 365 days IN Canada...amazing...enter Canada on 11:55PM, take a smoke, then back on 12:05AM...you can add up more this kind of days to make your RO much stronger, say more than 1000 days in to submit your application

• Haha
Reactions: YVR123