+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry into Canada - advice

Christmarie

Aug 26, 2019
USA
Category........
FAM
I am not sure if someone asked already but I am confused and want to prepare ahead of time. Hi my fiance and I are planning on getting married in December when he comes to visit me in the US. With the current restrictions on traveling into Canada will I be able to accompany him back? I heard as long as you get married and have a marriage license you can. I am just trying to make sure and plan things early. We plan on doing an inland sponsorship while I am in Canada. I was also wondering if it would be possible to file it while we are outside of Canada? I was curious because I am not sure what to tell the border officer when I travel. I would leave if I get refused for sponsorship. I am so confused on what to do. Please give any advice. I am currently gathering information for our application now so I have it ready by the time we get into Canada. Thanks for your help & information!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am not sure if someone asked alreaxy but I am confused and want to prepare ahead of time. Hi my fiance and I are planning on getting married in December when he comes to visit me in the US. With the current restrictions on traveling into Canada will I be able to accompany him back? I heard as long as you get married and have a marriage license you can. I am just trying to make sure and plan things early. We plan on doing an inland sponsorship while I am in Canada. I was also wondering if it would be possible to file it while we are outside of Canada? I was curious because I am not sure what to tell the border officer when I travel. I would leave if I get refused for sponsorship. I am so confused on what to do. Please give any advice. I am currently gathering information for our application now so I have it ready by the tike we get into Canada.
Yes, you will be able to enter Canada once you are married.

No, you cannot submit an inland application from outside of Canada. Both of you must be physically in Canada to submit an inland application.

If you want to submit the application while you are outside of Canada, then you have to apply outland.

Reactions: Christmarie

Christmarie

Aug 26, 2019
USA
Category........
FAM
Yes, you will be able to enter Canada once you are married.

No, you cannot submit an inland application from outside of Canada. Both of you must be physically in Canada to submit an inland application.

If you want to submit the application while you are outside of Canada, then you have to apply outland.
Ok great thank you for letting me know!
What would I tell a border officer?