+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry for further examination.

Dec 8, 2021
Hey,
I was at port of entry at point roberts to apply for work permit. I attached my LMIA and CAQ along with all other documents. They returned my passport and previous work permit which is valid until 2024 and issued me a Entry for further examination notice. On that form they only have further examination checked and not the unadmissibility hearing.

Most of my documents were in french because my company is in Montreal and all provided documents from them along with LMIA+CAQ is french. My personal documents were English though.

He asked me to return on December 1st with documents to support my application. I asked what all documents they would like and he just said anything that supports my application.

I'm getting anxious and nervous about it. I gave everything, my diploma, my CV, LMIA, CAQ, offer letter, contract etc.

Any info as to what is happening here would be appreciated.

Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey,
I was at port of entry at point roberts to apply for work permit. I attached my LMIA and CAQ along with all other documents. They returned my passport and previous work permit which is valid until 2024 and issued me a Entry for further examination notice. On that form they only have further examination checked and not the unadmissibility hearing.

Most of my documents were in french because my company is in Montreal and all provided documents from them along with LMIA+CAQ is french. My personal documents were English though.

He asked me to return on December 1st with documents to support my application. I asked what all documents they would like and he just said anything that supports my application.

I'm getting anxious and nervous about it. I gave everything, my diploma, my CV, LMIA, CAQ, offer letter, contract etc.

Any info as to what is happening here would be appreciated.

Thanks!
I can't tell you exactly what is happening but it sounds like the officer wanted to see more evidence that you have the background (e.g. education & work experience) required for this job.

If you have any previous education apart from your diploma, show that. I would also include evidence of any previous work experience for other employers (e.g. employment letters, pay stubs, etc.). If you have proof of funds (i.e. any savings), bring that as well.

You haven't provided any details of the job itself or your past work experience / full education profile. So hard to comment any further beyond this.