waived
Passport Req..
16-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2013
LANDED..........
26-10-2013
Hey folks!

I apologize if this is probably already exhaustively discussed elsewhere (I'll keep searching as well).

My wife (US Citizen, Canadian PR since 2013) applied for Citizenship back in March. Yesterday she wrote her test (19 out of 20!) and had a post-test interview. They gave her a form, "Request for Supplementary Evidence" stating that she needed to provide Entry-Exit Record or Records of Movement from the USA. It sounds like there were just a couple of dates in the application they were having some trouble verifying and they just want to be sure there were no extremely long stays in the US during her residency here (there weren't -- she has lived with me in Toronto and Ottawa this whole time!)

So I'm wondering if anyone has experience with getting this info? It's not like her passport is always stamped, and most of our US trips have been by car where they just wave us through. I do have the dates all recorded of our trips, but I'm sure they need something more formal than that. Does anyone know?

Appreciate the help!

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hey folks!

I apologize if this is probably already exhaustively discussed elsewhere (I'll keep searching as well).

My wife (US Citizen, Canadian PR since 2013) applied for Citizenship back in March. Yesterday she wrote her test (19 out of 20!) and had a post-test interview. They gave her a form, "Request for Supplementary Evidence" stating that she needed to provide Entry-Exit Record or Records of Movement from the USA. It sounds like there were just a couple of dates in the application they were having some trouble verifying and they just want to be sure there were no extremely long stays in the US during her residency here (there weren't -- she has lived with me in Toronto and Ottawa this whole time!)

So I'm wondering if anyone has experience with getting this info? It's not like her passport is always stamped, and most of our US trips have been by car where they just wave us through. I do have the dates all recorded of our trips, but I'm sure they need something more formal than that. Does anyone know?

Appreciate the help!
try https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home

sophon

Nov 13, 2017
Hi buddy,

I guess I am in the same boat as your wife. Attended my test/interview with wife and kids two days ago (20/20). It went well (I think) but the officer had me (and only me) sign a form authorizing them to get more information from the USA regarding my entry/exit data.

I am a PR since 2013 and have had many trips to the US, some lasting almost 2 months. Detailed them all correctly and had a comfortable buffer (almost a year, thanks to late implementation of C-6), so no worries. Officer was confident we would all be getting the Oath letter in "around a month".

I am guessing it was better for me (and your spouse) to sign the US entry/exit information authorization form right there and then during the interview, rather than waiting to get it months later in the mail. Hopefully they will get the info from the US soon, correlate it with the data we entered, and then we all get Decision Made (DM) :)

All the best
Sophon

DuberBlue

Sep 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
AOR Received.
13-03-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2013
LANDED..........
26-10-2013
Thanks :) I was actually mucking about with that site last night...but I'm frustratingly getting "No record found for traveler" when I enter all my wife's passport info exactly as it's written in the passport (even following their guide). I tried my own as a cross-check and my Canadian one worked :(

Oh well, I guess this is probably the right place to get it, I just need to figure out why the heck my wife doesn't have any records found :(

DuberBlue

Sep 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
AOR Received.
13-03-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2013
LANDED..........
26-10-2013
Thanks :) I was actually mucking about with that site last night...but I'm frustratingly getting "No record found for traveler" when I enter all my wife's passport info exactly as it's written in the passport (even following their guide). I tried my own as a cross-check and my Canadian one worked :(

Oh well, I guess this is probably the right place to get it, I just need to figure out why the heck my wife doesn't have any records found :(
Hmm...reading over their site again, I found this...
"U.S. Citizen and Lawful Permanent Resident travel is NOT provided on this website."

Oh.
:(

justinline

May 19, 2009
You need to apply for CBP FOIA records, I think that is the only way for US citizens. There is no I94 for them.

DuberBlue

Sep 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
AOR Received.
13-03-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2013
LANDED..........
26-10-2013
Hi buddy,

I guess I am in the same boat as your wife. Attended my test/interview with wife and kids two days ago (20/20). It went well (I think) but the officer had me (and only me) sign a form authorizing them to get more information from the USA regarding my entry/exit data.

I am a PR since 2013 and have had many trips to the US, some lasting almost 2 months. Detailed them all correctly and had a comfortable buffer (almost a year, thanks to late implementation of C-6), so no worries. Officer was confident we would all be getting the Oath letter in "around a month".

I am guessing it was better for me (and your spouse) to sign the US entry/exit information authorization form right there and then during the interview, rather than waiting to get it months later in the mail. Hopefully they will get the info from the US soon, correlate it with the data we entered, and then we all get Decision Made (DM) :)

All the best
Sophon
Hey Sophon :) Thanks for the info.

That's what I'm confused about too..from how my wife tells it I *think* she signed a similar form after her test as well, and she mentioned authorizing them to get the info from the US as well....so I'm confused why they still gave her this Request For Supplementary Evidence form that says it needs to be returned in 30 days :p And it's not like we can walk back into the office and speak with the guy again I don't think :)

DuberBlue

Sep 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
AOR Received.
13-03-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2013
LANDED..........
26-10-2013
You need to apply for CBP FOIA records, I think that is the only way for US citizens. There is no I94 for them.
Which is confusing, because the Request for Supplmentary Evidence form specifically has "USA" written in...like I'd have to get the records from the USA :O

justinline

May 19, 2009
Which is confusing, because the Request for Supplmentary Evidence form specifically has "USA" written in...like I'd have to get the records from the USA :O

They are expecting FOIA request from US CBP, they will not be able to obtain it......even if you sign the waiver. Usually the waiver is just for I94 records, which is very useful (not in all cases) for non US citizens......apply as soon as possible, it takes months to get it.

DuberBlue

Sep 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
AOR Received.
13-03-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2013
LANDED..........
26-10-2013
They are expecting FOIA request from US CBP, they will not be able to obtain it......even if you sign the waiver. Usually the waiver is just for I94 records, which is very useful (not in all cases) for non US citizens......apply as soon as possible, it takes months to get it.
Stupid me, I took the CBP to mean "Canada" and not "Customs". I guess we'll get the ball rolling on this and explain to the IRCC that we can't send their form back within 30 days.

Thanks!

kirch

Jan 26, 2010
Stupid me, I took the CBP to mean "Canada" and not "Customs". I guess we'll get the ball rolling on this and explain to the IRCC that we can't send their form back within 30 days.

Thanks!

I was in the same boat.The officer told me in the interview to get the US entry/exit CBP records through FOIA as she can not find some entry stamps in passport (as I traveled to USA multiple times on same I-94).I received a acknowledgement email from FOIA that the request may take longer than the two months due to the overload of applications.I attached the print out to the letter I sent to IRCC/CIC stating that I have applied for the records and it may take more than 30 days and requested to extend the time for submission
I took more around 50 days for CBP to email me the records.

This delayed my citizen process by more than 5 months ,cos all those attended test with me got their invitations in the same week
I would have applied and be ready with FOIA /CBP records if i have known about it

punk

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got I-94 records with me printed just if incase. Hope they don't demand me for these

DuberBlue

Sep 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
AOR Received.
13-03-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2013
LANDED..........
26-10-2013
I just created a profile at the FOIA and submitted a request online for the Entry/Exit records from the CBP. Obviously my wife has no alien ID but I gave the passport number, date of birth, citizenship, place of issuing and the date range I need in the Description. Guess we'll see how long that takes but I'm definitely thinking it'll be at least three months.