+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry denied at port

pate0395!

Dec 2, 2019
Hi everyone
Hoping suggestion from you, yesterday i had crucial movement regarding my PR landing. Officer asked me about my job status as I got my AINP last year and after getting AINP i changed my job which i did not inform to AINP nor CIC. unfortunately i did not know that i need to update my job changes that because only reason of changing job was my previous store shut down. now officer at port said i misrepresent my self. which honestly i did not try to and he took my case to hearing and further entry exam. He took my passport and COPR too. Any suggestion, please hep me.
Thank you so much in hope of help.

Last edited:

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
This is so sad, denied at the final stage. You are only free to change jobs when you land as a permanent residence. This is the first time I have heard this happen, not sure what is going to happen next or what is the process of appeal or restoration of your status.

pate0395!

Dec 2, 2019
Are you on open work permit?
What is your timeline?
yeah i am on open work permit and i got COPR last month. i went to Alberta border two days ago and they said you misrepresented yourself by not updating job status which i did not intend to.

Garry21

Apr 25, 2018
Only thing you could do is call AINP office and ask them or go for an immigration lawyer

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
How is the process at the border? Do you have to present proof that you are currently employed in that NOC or do they contact your employer

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
yeah i am on open work permit and i got COPR last month. i went to Alberta border two days ago and they said you misrepresented yourself by not updating job status which i did not intend to.
You need to talk to a lawyer.

Your intention is irrelevant here. If the rules state that you need to update your profile, and you didn't do it, you are in breach. They won't go into whether you meant to or not - they don't care about that.

A lawyer will give you better advice on the specifics of your case.

Reactions: scylla

bajwaboy

Star Member
Dec 14, 2014
My 4-5 friends had did landing at alberta borders , no one was asked ever about job . I think ur employer has reported about you

Garry21

Apr 25, 2018
My 4-5 friends had did landing at alberta borders , no one was asked ever about job . I think ur employer has reported about you
Honestly it all depends on the officer know one know what they ask. As you were nominated through your province and job you should keep working full time and can quit after landing

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Where they federal or provincial?Provincial requires you stay employed full-time and stay under the NOC your received your nomination or inform them if you change to a different NOC, so they can issue you a fresh nomination under that NOC.
Federal is point based and you do not need to maintain full-employment after you get called during the draw after meeting the 1 year requirement. The border agents won't ask federal nominees about their job status.

Last edited:

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Honestly it all depends on the officer know one know what they ask. As you were nominated through your province and job you should keep working full time and can quit after landing
Surprised they did not pick that up when they were doing the background check before they issued him the PPR. I thought the COPR in your passport means you passed all eligibility in addition to criminal and background check and the landing at the border was just a formality.

Garry21

Apr 25, 2018
Surprised they did not pick that up when they were doing the background check before they issued him the PPR. I thought the COPR in your passport means you passed all eligibility in addition to criminal and background check and the landing at the border was just a formality.
No provisional pnp is all attached to your province and current employer who supported your application. If you quit job . You have to find new employer to maintain that condition on your nomination certificate as you failed to tell your pnp office. Only way is that you grant extension of pnp certificate and they resubmit it to cic or take to border while landing