+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

entry denial to canada (visitor)

saga766

Jun 19, 2018
Hi everyone
I'm new over here and I might need yours help guys with something here.
I was expecting a visit from a friend here in Canada, but when my friend arrived, the cbsa agents checked his phone and found some links about visas and immigration for the us links.
so they suspected him, they thought that he might immigrate to Canada and issued an entry denial by leting him withdrawl his entry application (he did not get deported), they just send him back.
so what I wanted to know is, do you think that they might stated this in his travel record because he want to try to come back and dosent know if cbsa will ask him about the last time that he got denied entry.
I read that when you volantary withdraw your application, cbsa doesn't write a report on you, is that true ?
Thanks

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi everyone
I'm new over here and I might need yours help guys with something here.
I was expecting a visit from a friend here in Canada, but when my friend arrived, the cbsa agents checked his phone and found some links about visas and immigration for the us links.
so they suspected him, they thought that he might immigrate to Canada and issued an entry denial by leting him withdrawl his entry application (he did not get deported), they just send him back.
so what I wanted to know is, do you think that they might stated this in his travel record because he want to try to come back and dosent know if cbsa will ask him about the last time that he got denied entry.
I read that when you volantary withdraw your application, cbsa doesn't write a report on you, is that true ?
Thanks
It's unrealistic to think that this encounter with CBSA will not be recorded, leading to increased scrutiny in the future.

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The voluntary departure is now on his record. He should expect closer scrutiny the next time he visits. Recommend he wait a while before attempting to return, keep his next trip very short and bring along evidence of ties to his home country (employment, property, assets, etc).

saga766

Jun 19, 2018
Thank you guys for your response.
Thats what i advised him to do,wait for a while before attempting to come back
But even with that, i can't think for a way for him to justify what happend because its not like he was denied for a lack of money or a lack of ties to his country when he could had just said he came back to to strenghen his case but here i mean they found proof about him for willing to live in the us, so i dont really know what he can argue the next time.
Plus he also has a 10 years visitor visa to the us, so do you think that this entey denial in canada can affect his entry to the us next time ?
and i didnt ask him, but do you know how this withdrawl entry form looks like ? Will that state the exact details about like the immigration links they found or maybe just say that he was suspected for willing to stay here ?