+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry Ban Clarification

smileyface19

Star Member
Oct 3, 2019
is this blog still active? wondering coz I'm on spouse open work permit and I wasn't able to board the plane, airlines contacted border patrol and they said my travel was non essential!!! I have to secure a letter from the embassy for a letter of exemption or essential travel!

vmalik93

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
is this blog still active? wondering coz I'm on spouse open work permit and I wasn't able to board the plane, airlines contacted border patrol and they said my travel was non essential!!! I have to secure a letter from the embassy for a letter of exemption or essential travel!

Hi There,

It's a great news that at least you have boarded the flight.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

kklamondin

Apr 27, 2020
Hi! Also looking for clarification or experiences crossing recently from the US. My husband is a Canadian Citizen, but has been living in the US since 93, I have my PR application in process. We have been planning to move to BC since last year, our departure date is May 21. We are driving a moving truck and my car up. We are worried we won't be able to cross. We can't stay here because we have to be out of our rental on 5/20. We have a quarantine plan and non-refundable Airbnb in BC.

rohtak

Star Member
Nov 13, 2016
Any one travelled from US to Canada on Intra COmpany Transfer Work Permit during these travel restrictions ?
Is this allowed along with the family?

Reactions: Divyak1234

jabri1024

Jun 18, 2020
Hi, did you request for a letter of exemption? What did you do? I have a same situation. Thanks

Smitbhavsar

Star Member
Mar 30, 2018
Hello. Please help. I am from the Philippines with a valid work visa and under an open work permit. However, it will be my first time to travel to canada. Thus, I still have to get my work permit at the port of entry. I have here with me the documents that I have to present at the port of entry for me to obtain my work permit. Will I be allowed to enter? Based on the live news, ‘valid student and work visa are allowed to enter’ However, based on the written news, ‘student and work permit’ I’m confused. Thank you.
I am in the same boat as you are

Divyak1234

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
Hi, can anyone share the experience of travelling to Canada from US with a work permit.
I m hearing mixed stories of people not allowed to board the plane and also people being sent back from canada.
I have a valid work permit, planning to entry Canada from US for the first time.

aquarius1

Jan 20, 2014
Hi there,
I am also in a very difficult situation as like others due to Covid-19. At the moment I am on my PGWP and came to India for vacation. I didn't know about the travel ban. I wanted to ask if PGWP applicants also consider as "all other temporary foreign workers" in the new travel travel exemptions. When it will be possible to come to back to Canada. Please suggest.
Have you traveled canada after then ?
My pgwp got expored could not travel no flights available on that time.
Please kindly suggest me what can I do ?
Thanks

aquarius1

Jan 20, 2014
i know the update but they said do not travel immediately

On March 20, 2020, the Government of Canada provided an update on travel restrictions put in place to stem the spread of COVID-19. Foreign nationals who have committed to working, studying or making their home in Canada will be permitted to enter Canada by air or land. They will be exempt from the air travel and border restrictions and will be allowed to enter Canada.

Temporary foreign workers, as well as international students who have a valid study permit or who were approved for a study permit before March 18, 2020, and foreign nationals who were approved for permanent residence before March 16, 2020, but who hadn’t yet travelled to Canada, will be exempt from these restrictions. We will announce when these exemptions are in effect, with an expected date of early during the week of March 22, 2020.

Other exemptions under the Interim Order to Prevent Certain Persons from Boarding Flights to Canada due to COVID-19 include,

My pgwp got expired due to covid19 and lockdown situation could not travel no flights available on that time.
Thanks

aquarius1

Jan 20, 2014
Thanks. How about the ones who are approved to obtain a work permit at POE but haven't arrive Canada to obtain it? Are they eligible to go to Canada now?
My pgwp got expired could not travel no flights available on that time.
Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My pgwp got expired could not travel no flights available on that time.
Thanks
Your question has already been answered. You cannot extend your PGWP. If you wish to work in Canada, you'll need to get a job offer from an employer in Canada and that employer will need to get an approved LMIA. Then you will be able to apply for a closed work permit.