+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entry Ban Clarification

vmalik93

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
Hi there,
I am also in a very difficult situation as like others due to Covid-19. At the moment I am on my PGWP and came to India for vacation. I didn't know about the travel ban. I wanted to ask if PGWP applicants also consider as "all other temporary foreign workers" in the new travel travel exemptions. When it will be possible to come to back to Canada. Please suggest.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi there,
I am also in a very difficult situation as like others due to Covid-19. At the moment I am on my PGWP and came to India for vacation. I didn't know about the travel ban. I wanted to ask if PGWP applicants also consider as "all other temporary foreign workers" in the new travel travel exemptions. When it will be possible to come to back to Canada. Please suggest.
Anyone who holds a valid work permit is a temporary foreign worker. Follow the official updates to see when they advise people can travel.

wayneleung

Star Member
Aug 23, 2018
Anyone who holds a valid work permit is a temporary foreign worker. Follow the official updates to see when they advise people can travel.
Thanks. How about the ones who are approved to obtain a work permit at POE but haven't arrive Canada to obtain it? Are they eligible to go to Canada now?

vmalik93

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
Hello,
Is there any news for workers who are having work permits, those who are affected with Covid-19 situation and currently abroad. When can they to Canada??

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
who says.. govt says do not travel until announcement ??? please clarify this. i am also in same situation. my flight is for tomorrow and dont know i should go to the airport or not
The government updated travel information several days ago.

Imran Humayun

Sep 2, 2016
The government updated travel information several days ago.
i know the update but they said do not travel immediately

On March 20, 2020, the Government of Canada provided an update on travel restrictions put in place to stem the spread of COVID-19. Foreign nationals who have committed to working, studying or making their home in Canada will be permitted to enter Canada by air or land. They will be exempt from the air travel and border restrictions and will be allowed to enter Canada.

Temporary foreign workers, as well as international students who have a valid study permit or who were approved for a study permit before March 18, 2020, and foreign nationals who were approved for permanent residence before March 16, 2020, but who hadn’t yet travelled to Canada, will be exempt from these restrictions. We will announce when these exemptions are in effect, with an expected date of early during the week of March 22, 2020.

Other exemptions under the Interim Order to Prevent Certain Persons from Boarding Flights to Canada due to COVID-19 include,

Imran Humayun

Sep 2, 2016
Workers, students and approved permanent residents who haven’t landed should not travel yet. We’ve announced exemptions but they’re not in place. Travel restrictions are still in effect for these groups.

Only Canadian citizens, and permanent residents, and some foreign nationals travelling from the United States (US) who have been in the US for at least 14 days and are asymptomatic, are able to enter Canada by air at this time.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
CIC has given an update on exemption travellers but it still looks confusing to me regarding the temporary workers. Those people who are holding an open work permit (PGWP). Can they enter now?

https://www.cicnews.com/2020/03/canada-updates-exemptions-to-coronavirus-travel-restrictions-0313995.html
Assume you realise that CICNEWS is nothing to do with CIC/IRCC but a private site run by same people as this forum .

Here is official site

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html

On thing that has been strengthened is the now mandatory 14 days isolation on arrival, no use of public transport to residence, no stopping off on the way, if found not in compliance then subject to upto 750k fine or upto 6 months jail. No idea how they will police this but nobody should not follow the guideline.

Last edited: