+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entire proof of fund in Spouse's account (Express Entry)

Elmariachi

Sep 4, 2018
Hello,

I am planning to apply for Express Entry/ Skilled Immigrants PR visa.
My wife is getting a gift from her parent/ brother for the entire full settlement fund required following the Gift Deed and other proper formalities. She will also be giving me any/all declaration needed to prove I have access to her fund without restriction for the purpose of this.

My question is:
Is it acceptable that the entire amount is in my spouse's account (not a joint account) assuming I do not intend to transfer the fund to my account or share any statement/details of my accounts/fund?

Whole idea is to know if the explained scenario is acceptable, and kindly do not advise to tweak the scenario.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hello,

I am planning to apply for Express Entry/ Skilled Immigrants PR visa.
My wife is getting a gift from her parent/ brother for the entire full settlement fund required following the Gift Deed and other proper formalities. She will also be giving me any/all declaration needed to prove I have access to her fund without restriction for the purpose of this.

My question is:
Is it acceptable that the entire amount is in my spouse's account (not a joint account) assuming I do not intend to transfer the fund to my account or share any statement/details of my accounts/fund?

Whole idea is to know if the explained scenario is acceptable, and kindly do not advise to tweak the scenario.
Yes as long as she's accompanying.

Elmariachi

Sep 4, 2018
Yes as long as she's accompanying.
Thanks a lot for the response, appreciated.
Just a follow-up: Do you believe not sharing any bank statement of the primary applicant may cause any issue in a practical sense? I understand technically it is not an issue. Thanks

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Thanks a lot for the response, appreciated.
Just a follow-up: Do you believe not sharing any bank statement of the primary applicant may cause any issue in a practical sense? I understand technically it is not an issue. Thanks
Nope

Reactions: Elmariachi

EyenLuke

Jan 14, 2019
I have been asked to provide proof that I have access to my spouse’s account since I am the principal applicant. My question is: what suffices as proof of my access. Can he write a letter saying I have access to those funds?