+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entering Jobs in Personal History for no claim of points

m.q.z90

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
Hello,

I am in Post ITA stage and have a query.

Is it true that we need to provide comprehensive documentation only for jobs we enter in the WORK HISTORY section when creating the EE profile?
I have a gap of almost 2 years in my work history. Although i was working for some organizations but cannot provide documentry evidence. Should i add them in Personal History? or show myself as unemployed for that period of time?

A quick response will be appreciated.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
It's preferable to put jobs you don't have work references for in personal history, because it demarcates which work experience you're claiming points for and which work experience you're not.

Last edited:

m.q.z90

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
It's preferable to put jobs you don't have work references in personal history, because it demarcates which work experience you're claiming points for and which work experience you're not.
But what about documentry evidence? Its near to impossible for me to produce them. Will they ask for them?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
No, they won't, they will only ask for documentation for work experience which you're claiming points for.

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
To my knowledge, you will not require reference letters for work experience that is put in your personal history section. The work experience section is for work you are claiming points for, and you absolutely need to upload the letters for those.

So, if you have enough points that you can leave those 2 years out of there and put them in personal history, then do that. But absolutely don't say you were unemployed, because that is not true.

Shushmoy Mahid

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
I stayed Begium for one year. In this period of time i had visited 17 EU countries, and my pasport was not stamped while crossing the border. So my question is : i have visited 22 different countries and among them, i would be show 8-10 stamped in my pp. So, is it feasible to give every entry? If so, then how will be it validated? I am confuses

m.q.z90

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
To my knowledge, you will not require reference letters for work experience that is put in your personal history section. The work experience section is for work you are claiming points for, and you absolutely need to upload the letters for those.

So, if you have enough points that you can leave those 2 years out of there and put them in personal history, then do that. But absolutely don't say you were unemployed, because that is not true.
Thank ypubfor your reply.
The reason i am asking this is due to the fact that my company was situated in a different city than my hometown. I used to visit my hometown for 10 days once every 3 months.. So i never resided in my office city for a continuous 6 month period. But i m worried that where n how should i explain all this and furthermore will it complicate my application.. Please help..

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Thank ypubfor your reply.
The reason i am asking this is due to the fact that my company was situated in a different city than my hometown. I used to visit my hometown for 10 days once every 3 months.. So i never resided in my office city for a continuous 6 month period. But i m worried that where n how should i explain all this and furthermore will it complicate my application.. Please help..
I would upload a Letter of Explanation (LoE) when you submit your application, wherein you explain all that in detail.