+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entering Canada using PRTD

Wave1rose

Jul 7, 2021
Than
If you received H&C based on you may be able to sponsor your spouse earlier. Is your husband from a visa exempt country? There is no way for him to get an OWP through you unless it with inland sponsorship. Assume he is under 35. If his home country participates in IEC and he can get selected that would be an option. Some of the IECs countries require you to be living in that country when you apply for IEC.
Thanks. Yes, my spouse is from visa exempt country- Australia
Thanks for suggesting that there is a possibility that I can sponsor him earlier (before meeting my RO). I will definitely try for that but am thinking in case that doesn't get approved due to my ineligibility as a sponsor and if he doesn't get an open work permit(which may take upto6 months on arrival in Canada for processing). I think its probably a better option to apply for IEC from Australia (NOW), if that gets approved than he will hopefully have working rights in July (when we move to Canada) or 1-2 months after that (which is still okay as he can enter Canada on ETA I believe and wait for IEC approval there/in Australia). What are your thoughts about this plan?

Wave1rose

Jul 7, 2021
If you received H&C based on you may be able to sponsor your spouse earlier. Is your husband from a visa exempt country? There is no way for him to get an OWP through you unless it with inland sponsorship. Assume he is under 35. If his home country participates in IEC and he can get selected that would be an option. Some of the IECs countries require you to be living in that country when you apply for IEC.
Thanks. Yes, my spouse is from visa exempt country- Australia
Thanks for suggesting that there is a possibility that I can sponsor him earlier (before meeting my RO). I will definitely try for that but am thinking in case that doesn't get approved due to my ineligibility as a sponsor and if he doesn't get an open work permit(which may take upto6 months on arrival in Canada for processing). I think its probably a better option to apply for IEC from Australia (NOW), if that gets approved than he will hopefully have working rights in July (when we move to Canada) or 1-2 months after that (which is still okay as he can enter Canada on ETA I believe and wait for IEC approval there/in Australia). What are your thoughts about this plan?

Feb 13, 2022
hi,
do i need to be in Canada for applying to PR Card, as i have landing document(valid until august2022) (approved while i was in canada) and have to move to india for some medical issue in family, now i am applying for PRTD from india but can i also apply for PR card and by the time it will be ready i will go to Canada pick it up and can come back after? is it possible ?
thanks

Feb 13, 2022
what are document requirement for PRTD?
Landing document
Passport
2Photo
anything else please?
do i need to submit copy of previous passport as well?