+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entering Canada on study visa after study completion.

Heist

Jan 23, 2024
Hey everyone I had some confusion.

I’m student in canada and my study permit as well as study visa is valid till August 2024, however, my study will be completed in April 2024. I’m planning to visit my family back home as soon as I Complete my studies in April itself. My concern is that would be able to make it to enter canada in anytime June on my study visa before my graduation(convocation) date. My returning date will be under 90 day period my completing my studies.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hey everyone I had some confusion.

I’m student in canada and my study permit as well as study visa is valid till August 2024, however, my study will be completed in April 2024. I’m planning to visit my family back home as soon as I Complete my studies in April itself. My concern is that would be able to make it to enter canada in anytime June on my study visa before my graduation(convocation) date. My returning date will be under 90 day period my completing my studies.
Yes, you can use valid TRV to come back. No need to apply for new one

Jan 24, 2024
Hi already have an LOA from Saskatchewan Polytechnic and school starts on August 29. May I ask if Saskatchewan Polytechnic is a public college and am I still eligible for PWGP?

Heist

Jan 23, 2024
Yes, you can use valid TRV to come back. No need to apply for new one
The only thing is that I have S-1 written on my visa and if I have to apply for another TRV when I do so IRCC is asking for next term enrollment which I’m not going have cause I’m Graduating this term. TRV with S-1 will still be valid correct ?

Heist

Jan 23, 2024
i suggest apply for TRV before going to home country this can allow you to come back
They want next term enrollment in order for me to apply for TRV cause they assume that they have given at least 4 more months of visa after my expected course completion.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
The only thing is that I have S-1 written on my visa and if I have to apply for another TRV when I do so IRCC is asking for next term enrollment which I’m not going have cause I’m Graduating this term. TRV with S-1 will still be valid correct ?
Yes you can use S-1