+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entering Canada from US with COPR

lenkoo

Sep 4, 2018
Hello all,

I am planning to make my first entrance via road on my personal vehicle. Is that possible?

do you have to pay any tax at the border if you are just traveling to get the initial PR procedures done and willing to come back within few days?

Thanks in advance

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello all,

I am planning to make my first entrance via road on my personal vehicle. Is that possible?

do you have to pay any tax at the border if you are just traveling to get the initial PR procedures done and willing to come back within few days?

Thanks in advance
Yes, that's possible. No there is no automatic tax liability at the time of "landing".

pankaj419

Jan 14, 2019
Hi @lenkoo : Can you please provide your experience of entering first time via car. Can we enter from any border post ? I am planning to use a rental car to travel from USA to Canda for first landing after PR.

lenkoo

Sep 4, 2018
Hi @lenkoo : Can you please provide your experience of entering first time via car. Can we enter from any border post ? I am planning to use a rental car to travel from USA to Canda for first landing after PR.
Hey Pankaj, I still did not enter Canada from USA. I have plans to do the "landing" on my own car and not a rental. I just checked your post. did you enter canada already?

pankaj419

Jan 14, 2019
Hey Pankaj, I still did not enter Canada from USA. I have plans to do the "landing" on my own car and not a rental. I just checked your post. did you enter canada already?
Yes we did the landing via border post.we took rental car and process was very smooth. Take your copr and may be proof of funds and you should be good to go.