+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entering canada after 4 years

Cand2016

Jul 29, 2016
Hi seniors,

I got my pr Jan 2012, I stayed in canada for 3 months and got back to my home country to get married.
I am coming back to canada next month, I have stayed outside canada for 4 years now !!
I am very nervous about entering after a very long time!
My question is will they allow me to enter canada?
Please anyone who went thru with a similar situation recently pls share your experience.

Thanks in advance!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Yes, they will allow you to enter. However, they may report you for not meeting the Residency Obligation. If they do, you can expect to lose your PR status unless you have some serious H&C considerations you haven't mentioned.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
For H&C some Doctor certificates are sufficient which is very easy to get in some Asian countries?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
For H&C some Doctor certificates are sufficient which is very easy to get in some Asian countries
I would think they would want to see a history of medical records that prevented you from meeting RQ, not just doctors certificates from the last month prior to entry. I doubt that CBSA or IRCB are that gullible!

Cand2016

Jul 29, 2016
I do not have any medical reasons as such.
Just that I got married and had my daughter the following year, I was not able to leave her till she was a year and 3 months now.
I have left her with my parents.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Cand2016 said:
I do not have any medical reasons as such.
Just that I got married and had my daughter the following year, I was not able to leave her till she was a year and 3 months now.
I have left her with my parents.
unfortunately these reasons would probably be classed as a personal choice and not human/compassionate reasons so you will probably have to take your chances on returning to Canada.

As said there is a chance you get reported or maybe not, depends on CBSA officer but advice would be not to draw attention to the fact and only answer CBSA questions that are asked honestly. If you are asked when last in the country answer honestly but if not asked do not volunteer the information. Once landed you will need to plan to stay for 2 years without leaving to reset RO.

ajsg

Jan 3, 2019
HI just curious... were you allowed to enter Canada and what was your experiece? Do you still have you PR status?