+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entered wrong IELTS reference number and date on EE profile and cannot update it anymore because I got invited. What do I do?

vandacska

Apr 12, 2016
Hello everyone,

I'm hoping someone had a similar experience and would share the outcome. Or just have some suggestions for me. :) While filling out my EE profile, I used the reference number on my IELTS online registration for the language scores. I thought that would be the same on the certificate but it isn't. Also, I got my writing test reevaluated and I changed the score but forget to change the date on my EE profile. Than I got the invitation and now I cannot update my profile anymore. All my scores were true and the dates are all before the date of my invitation. I am wondering if it can be a problem, can I go forward with my PR application and modify the details there and write and LOE or will they consider this misrepresentation?

I was so happy I got invited but now I'm scared I ruined it for not paying attention... :(

Thanks for your help in advance,

Vanda

$$harsh$$

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
Hello everyone,

I'm hoping someone had a similar experience and would share the outcome. Or just have some suggestions for me. :) While filling out my EE profile, I used the reference number on my IELTS online registration for the language scores. I thought that would be the same on the certificate but it isn't. Also, I got my writing test reevaluated and I changed the score but forget to change the date on my EE profile. Than I got the invitation and now I cannot update my profile anymore. All my scores were true and the dates are all before the date of my invitation. I am wondering if it can be a problem, can I go forward with my PR application and modify the details there and write and LOE or will they consider this misrepresentation?

I was so happy I got invited but now I'm scared I ruined it for not paying attention... :(

Thanks for your help in advance,

Vanda
I did the same thing. Mentioned Ielts reference number given on the ielts online result, later after getting the ITA modified it with the correct reference number mentioned on TRF certificate.
As long as the score remains the same and doesn’t change your CRS, you should be fine. You can mention this error on the LOE if you want.

Ankur18895

Jan 21, 2021
[B]$$harsh$$[/B], thank you very much! It's such a relief!
I did the same thing. Mentioned Ielts reference number given on the ielts online result, later after getting the ITA modified it with the correct reference number mentioned on TRF certificate.
As long as the score remains the same and doesn’t change your CRS, you should be fine. You can mention this error on the LOE if you want.
Hi,

Even I am in same situation as your.
Can you help me please.
Should I simply update the ielts test examination date in PR application form and go ahead or attach a Letter of explanation?

Thank you!

Ankur18895

Jan 21, 2021
Hi,

Can you help me please.
Should I simply update the 2nd test examination date in PR Application form post ITA and go ahead or also attach a Letter of explanation? I don't want to attach LOE and create a confusion.

Thank you!

siddhur1

Mar 24, 2017
Hi team,

I had a score of L:8.5 R:7.5 S:7.5 and W: 6.5, I was disappointed and half-heartedly gave for re-evaluation. To my surprise, my score increased in Writing from 6.5 to 7.
This moved my CRS score to 470. I updated my express entry portal with updated scores and online TRF number after an email confirmation from BRITISH COUNCIL.

I still doubt that my TRF number and date of the test result will change once I get the hard copy.

The reason I was in hurry to upload the updated score was on 16th Feb 2021 my 6 points (CRS score dropping to 464) will be deducted due to age. And they are predicting there might be another draw on 3rd Feb 2021.

The hardcopy won't arrive on time. So I am actually confused if I get the ITA and submit LOE after 16th Feb will that impact anything?

I do not wish to lose the draw before 16th Feb (might be the only chance of getting ITA because for the entire year 2020 the minimum CRS score was 468).

Kindly suggest if I did the right thing? What could go wrong here?

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Hi team,

I had a score of L:8.5 R:7.5 S:7.5 and W: 6.5, I was disappointed and half-heartedly gave for re-evaluation. To my surprise, my score increased in Writing from 6.5 to 7.
This moved my CRS score to 470. I updated my express entry portal with updated scores and online TRF number after an email confirmation from BRITISH COUNCIL.

I still doubt that my TRF number and date of the test result will change once I get the hard copy.

The reason I was in hurry to upload the updated score was on 16th Feb 2021 my 6 points (CRS score dropping to 464) will be deducted due to age. And they are predicting there might be another draw on 3rd Feb 2021.

The hardcopy won't arrive on time. So I am actually confused if I get the ITA and submit LOE after 16th Feb will that impact anything?

I do not wish to lose the draw before 16th Feb (might be the only chance of getting ITA because for the entire year 2020 the minimum CRS score was 468).

Kindly suggest if I did the right thing? What could go wrong here?
The test dates remains the same but cannot remember whether the Ref. Number changes! I think it changes.
If you receive an ITA you will have 90 days to submit your application. It should be enough to receive the TRF and edit it in your profile.

Nssv

Feb 14, 2021
Hi,

Can you help me please.
Should I simply update the ielts test examination date in PR application form and go ahead or attach a Letter of explanation?

Thank you!
Hi did you write LOE ?