+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Entered wrong date on Passport during IEC application, need help

djkhaled

Oct 27, 2017
When I applied for IEC I entered all the details correctly except I was one day off on both the passport Date Issued and Expiry Date, I didn't realise until after I had an invitation to apply for work visa, I then entered the correct dates and made that my primary passport and I paid and was accepted for work visa and received my POE. I did try to contact the IRCC but got some automated response which wasn't helpful.

Will it be okay? both passports are still listed on my account but the correct one is my primary passport. I just don't want to get to Canada and them tell me that I can't enter because the passport dates are wrong. It was just stupid human error that i corrected as soon as i realised.

Also, do I need to apply for an eTA or does my Work Visa give me one automatically (I'm from Australia), because when I typed in my eTA number into the status page it says it doesn't exist but on my POE it tells me I have one and it tells me I have one in my account when I click on the Work Visa application.

Thanks for any help guys, I am extremely stressed over this, my OCD isn't helping at all.

Last edited: