+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Enter to Canada with different admission letter

Farnooshzad

Aug 17, 2018
hello
I have a student visa and an admission in masters degree in accounting. Because of late visa approval I deferred my admission for August 2019. Now I have another admission in post-graduate in accounting ( 8 month program) which starts from January 2019.
Now here is my question:
Can I enter to Canada in January with the post-graduate admission and in case the officer asked me why you switched to a lower level what should I say?
Thank you so much

Rosy anand

Jul 6, 2018
Hello,

If your August 2019 offer is still standing, you can tell the officer that it is course in your field and it would give you certain exemptions in your masters. You could also tell them that you didn't want to delay your post grad studies as it would create a gap in your CV or something. Hope this helps.

Farnooshzad

Aug 17, 2018
Hello,

If your August 2019 offer is still standing, you can tell the officer that it is course in your field and it would give you certain exemptions in your masters. You could also tell them that you didn't want to delay your post grad studies as it would create a gap in your CV or something. Hope this helps.
Thank you so much for your response.
In your idea is it better to change DLI number before I leave my country?

Rosy anand

Jul 6, 2018
You need to use the DLI number for the unuversity/college you will be doing your post grad in accounting in January. I hope that is the offer you used to get your visa.

Farnooshzad

Aug 17, 2018
You need to use the DLI number for the unuversity/college you will be doing your post grad in accounting in January. I hope that is the offer you used to get your visa.
Actually, The DLI number which I used to get my visa belongs to the master degree that start from August not the January. So I have to change it then.
Do you think it there would be problem if I change it? once again thank you so much for your helps

Rosy anand

Jul 6, 2018
I think u need new visa for this course..or u make a call to high commission to confirm or if they can change

Rosy anand

Jul 6, 2018
I think u need new visa for this course..or u make a call to high commission to confirm or if they can change