+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Enter details of all your employment and education history in the past 5 years (your eligibility period)

Ricky09

Star Member
Sep 23, 2018
Hi,

1) What is the eligibility period start date- the date I got PR approval or the date I first time entered Canada on PR,?
If someone enters for 2 days and goes back to the US and comes back to Canada to stay permanently after 6 month. Should be the eligibility period starts from when the person finally moved to Canada to live or it starts from when the person first stepped into Canada?

2) If someone has been living in Canada for about 5.5 years (with an expired PR card) does that mean he needs to provide work details from the start of the eligibility period i.e. when he first time landed in Canada or only for the LAST 5 years of stay in Canada?

Last edited:

wink

May 25, 2021
Hi,

1) What is the eligibility period start date- the date I got PR approval or the date I first time entered Canada on PR,?
If someone enters for 2 days and goes back to the US and comes back to Canada to stay permanently after 6 month. Should be the eligibility period starts from when the person finally moved to Canada to live or it starts from when the person first stepped into Canada?

Neither of them... start date is 5 years in the past... for exact starting date, use the physical presence calculator.

2) If someone has been living in Canada for about 5.5 years (with an expired PR card) does that mean he needs to provide work details from the start of the eligibility period i.e. when he first time landed in Canada or only for the LAST 5 years of stay in Canada?

LAST 5 years of stay in Canada

Reactions: Ricky09