+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Enter as a visitor while visa office outside of Canada is processing my PR appli

boaz

Apr 29, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When waiting to my sponsorship application as a common law to be approved outside of Canada, Can one enter Canada as a tourist for the meanwhile?
If my application will be approved (and consider no interview would be required), can I send my passport to the visa office outside Canada by mail and get it back with my PR visa? Is that the way it works?

Thanks...

LovingMyCanuck

Star Member
May 8, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes you can enter as a tourist or in other words a visitor.

You can send your passport, depending on which country you are from say ... The Us you can just copy your passport.

Also on another not you must show proof that your application is being process. Show the fee paid receipts and also if your sponsor has been approved show that as well.

I have been told it is easier if your sponsor came along with you and vouch for you. Also, a marriage ceritificate as proof and proof of funds are needed.

boaz

Apr 29, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks... actully I am the sponsor and asked for my common law partner. unfortnually I wont be able to come with her but it is a good idea to show receipts of fees paid etc. hopfully she wont experience any problems...

LovingMyCanuck

Star Member
May 8, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes you can enter as a tourist or in other words a visitor.

You can send your passport, depending on which country you are from say ... The Us you can just copy your passport.

Also on another not you must show proof that your application is being process. Show the fee paid receipts and also if your sponsor has been approved show that as well.

I have been told it is easier if your sponsor came along with you and vouch for you. Also, a marriage ceritificate as proof and proof of funds are needed.