Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
16-08-2017
Hi All,

I have a valid certification of driving experience on my home country.

Understand that you can take the written exams and G2 road test to get the G2 license.

However, being a new driver in Canada , I still want to be educated about the rules or any driving relatted practices inside the country.

Is there any school out there that offer lecture based courses for a short time and then I will take the written exams and road tests after?

I think going through the entire graduated licensing seems to be very long...

Let me know your inputs.

Thanks
Mark

markmark1983

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
16-08-2017
They might make you participate in the show "Canada's Worst Driver." :p
Lol ha ha :)
Young Drivers ....finish the course kabayan... it will give you better skills on the road...and discount on insurance.

their packages seems to very expensive, however theu have individual lessons, not sure which one is right for me or will I opt for the road courses....thanks

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hi All,

I have a valid certification of driving experience on my home country.

Understand that you can take the written exams and G2 road test to get the G2 license.

However, being a new driver in Canada , I still want to be educated about the rules or any driving relatted practices inside the country.

Is there any school out there that offer lecture based courses for a short time and then I will take the written exams and road tests after?

I think going through the entire graduated licensing seems to be very long...

Let me know your inputs.

Thanks
Mark
If you have already been driving in your home country for a couple of years, then all you need is to study the driver's handbook for a week and do some online tests, you should be able to pass your G1 written test with flying colors.

Next step is to get some road practice, obviously you could go for a full program as you suggested (keeping in mind its generally costlier and it could take a couple of weeks to finish the program) or pay a driving instructor by the hour to practice driving on the road.

I personally don't think lectures will add value, they won't tell you anything that's not in the book, G2 is easy to pass if you do enough practice and drive carefully.

Its really up to you, there's no right or wrong here..follow your instincts.

markmark1983

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
16-08-2017
Young Drivers ....finish the course kabayan... it will give you better skills on the road...and discount on insurance.
there are a lot of other driving schools in Hamilton, the one nearest to me is a G-Class drivers...I think as long as it is MTO approved, you are still eligible to get insurance discounts after you graduated? Thanks for the input.

Reactions: kabayanko

kabayanko

Aug 14, 2014
there are a lot of other driving schools in Hamilton, the one nearest to me is a G-Class drivers...I think as long as it is MTO approved, you are still eligible to get insurance discounts after you graduated? Thanks for the input.
finishing the course is good for discount, mark....as long as you get the complete driving skills needed that is fit for canada...its a good choice....if you'll get one good cheaper deal for the whole course....that will be better. If you have wife, help her to get a good driving lesson too, its more convenient if both of you are driving in a household

Reactions: markmark1983

markmark1983

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
16-08-2017
finishing the course is good for discount, mark....as long as you get the complete driving skills needed that is fit for canada...its a good choice....if you'll get one good cheaper deal for the whole course....that will be better. If you have wife, help her to get a good driving lesson too, its more convenient if both of you are driving in a household
agree :)