+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Enquiry on Results (EoR)

Sanusjoae

Jul 30, 2020
Hi friends ..today I got my IELTS BC results....its 8.5 , 8.5, 7 6 L RWS. I need .5 in speaking to reach clb 8.... What would be fine....is it EOR or a reattempt.....please help me...

If i go for EOR,would it be effective and fruitful??

Sanusjoae

Jul 30, 2020
I gave my ielts in jan 2020
Results L 8.5 R 8 W 8 S 6.5
Submitted eor, eor results came back in 5 days speaking score increased to 7.5

I would suggest to go for EOR only if you need for S or W and you know u did well even if not great. My speaking is good but during the exam I was nervous and didnt give my 100% so I know I dont deserve an 8 but not 6.5 as well. And I am happy my eor results came back soon. I gave my exam in USA -Idp
Also if you have time, luckily my eor came back in 5 days( they say 2 to 21 days) . I sent eor only for speaking.
Hi ..today I got my IELTS BC results....its 8.5 , 8.5, 7 6 L RWS. I need .5 in speaking to reach clb 8.... What would be fine....is it EOR or a reattempt.....Can u please help me ..

Sheedah

Dec 3, 2020
Hi friends ..today I got my IELTS BC results....its 8.5 , 8.5, 7 6 L RWS. I need .5 in speaking to reach clb 8.... What would be fine....is it EOR or a reattempt.....please help me...

I applied for EOR on 20th November and I got my results today 3rd December 2020. My band increased by 0.5 in both writing and speaking! You can try your luck. I did idp CBT

Obrahu

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Can anyone shed some light on below scenario : Scored 6.5 in writing. Pen and paper based.

1. As far as I remeber, I had made one singular/pluraral mistake in my writing intro.

The essay type was problem and solution.

2. In BP1, I concluded it by giving an example, however, it is usually advised to conclude the BP by rephrasing the main points with connector such as Thus, hence, therefore etc. which I missed and by the time I realized this mistake I had already finished my BP2 (so left with no choice due to time constraints).

3. In letter writing (formal), I finished it within 12 minutes. I covered all the bullet points as nicely I could. Gave the precise intro, closing statement and salutations.

4. However, I had used two same/similar type of compound sentences.

Kindly share your thoughts and let me know if the chances are slim or high to get .5 raise in my EOR request while considering these errors.

usmansharif

Star Member
Dec 3, 2019
I had appeared in BC IELTS on 27th June 2022. The test was computer based and I got my result on 4th of July 2022. Result was LRWS 8,8,7,7 with 7.5 overall band. I applied for EOR on 21st of July 2022 and today I got an email from BC IELTS that there has been a change in your bands and that I need to submit my TRF back along with refund form. I shall be sending my original TRF back on Monday. I opted for rechecking of all modules so I am not sure in which module my band has been revised but i have a hunch that it would be in speaking and writing both. Shall update once I get my updated TRF back. Not an active member of the community but thought to share my experience so that people who are thinking over EOR may get forward. Only go for EOR if you are confident. Good luck

Reactions: Mr_Vino and Obrahu

Obrahu

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Can anyone shed some light on below scenario : Scored 6.5 in writing. Pen and paper based.

1. As far as I remeber, I had made one singular/pluraral mistake in my writing intro.

The essay type was problem and solution.

2. In BP1, I concluded it by giving an example, however, it is usually advised to conclude the BP by rephrasing the main points with connector such as Thus, hence, therefore etc. which I missed and by the time I realized this mistake I had already finished my BP2 (so left with no choice due to time constraints).

3. In letter writing (formal), I finished it within 12 minutes. I covered all the bullet points as nicely I could. Gave the precise intro, closing statement and salutations.

4. However, I had used two same/similar type of compound sentences.

Kindly share your thoughts and let me know if the chances are slim or high to get .5 raise in my EOR request while considering these errors.
Can any reply on this please. TIA.

Mr_Vino

Dec 7, 2022
I received my IELTS General results on 28th November 2022, 18 days after I wrote the test at BC, Ghana.
My results were
L - 8.0;
R - 6.5;
S - 8.5;
W - 7.0. and overall 7.5

I applied for an EOR almost immediately as I was very sure I performed better in the Reading test. How is it that I received only a 6.5 score? Something must be wrong. It's currently been 9 days since I applied for the EOR. Does anyone have a more recent timeline for how long EOR takes? I know it says 21 days but some older posts on other forums suggest it can take up to 4 weeks. Is this still the case?

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019
I received my IELTS General results on 28th November 2022, 18 days after I wrote the test at BC, Ghana.
My results were
L - 8.0;
R - 6.5;
S - 8.5;
W - 7.0. and overall 7.5

I applied for an EOR almost immediately as I was very sure I performed better in the Reading test. How is it that I received only a 6.5 score? Something must be wrong. It's currently been 9 days since I applied for the EOR. Does anyone have a more recent timeline for how long EOR takes? I know it says 21 days but some older posts on other forums suggest it can take up to 4 weeks. Is this still the case?
It took a week for me a few days ago.
I don't think you should've applied for an EoR in reading, that score never changes since its completely objective and not subjective.
I hope you asked for speaking and writing too, you won't lose your money if any of those change.

Mr_Vino

Dec 7, 2022
It took a week for me a few days ago.
I don't think you should've applied for an EoR in reading, that score never changes since its completely objective and not subjective.
I hope you asked for speaking and writing too, you won't lose your money if any of those change.
Wow, good for you! Was there any change in your results? I picked only reading because I thought they would respond faster since it's just one paper and unfortunately, I didn't search on forums before my EoR, would've probably requested for speaking and writing as well.

Last edited:

Emil1

Aug 18, 2019
Wow, good for you! Was there any change in your results? I picked only reading because I thought they would respond faster since it's just one paper and unfortunately, I didn't search on forums before my EoR, would've probably requested for speaking and writing as well.
Yes they changed my result in speaking, but not in writing and I was needing that. I will have to take the exam again, but as my speaking score changed, they returned me the money that I paid for the remark.

Reactions: Mr_Vino

Mr_Vino

Dec 7, 2022
My results were
L - 8.0;
R - 6.5;
S - 8.5;
W - 7.0. and overall 7.5

UPDATE:

After 52 days, I finally received positive results on my IELTS Reading EoR. Yes, my reading score changed from 6.5 to 7.0.

This is to encourage anyone who feels strongly that they performed better than their results says, always trust your gut and go for a remarking, no matter the module.

Yes it's quite common to see more results change for Speaking and Writing than Listening and Reading but it doesn't mean yours wouldn't. There's always a 0.001% chance and that's more than you need.

All the best on your EoR!