+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Enquiry about work experience

PKS29

May 9, 2018
Hi, I'm looking forward to move to Canada under Federal Express Entry. I got to know I need atleast one year of full time experience in the past three years. I'm postgraduate, single and unmarried. I work as graphic designer and Illustrator. I have been working as freelancer from the past 2 years due to some family issues, before that I worked for about 3 years as full time employee. Thing is that I don't have any supportive document for my full time experience of 3 years, they even used to pay me in cash. What can I do in this situation, I'm very tensed. Please give me wise advice. Thanks

ady_997

Aug 20, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
23-12-2016
IELTS Request
Up front
Med's Done....
16-01-2017
Interview........
not needed
Passport Req..
waiting
Hello PKS29.. Cic require experience letter from your employer as a proof of your employment. This letter should be on the company's letterhead. You can find the details on cic website. I am afraid you will only get points for the experience that you can prove.
But i think with one year experience that you can prove you will have enough points if you get good ielts

Reactions: PKS29

santhkum90

Oct 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
Hi, I'm looking forward to move to Canada under Federal Express Entry. I got to know I need atleast one year of full time experience in the past three years. I'm postgraduate, single and unmarried. I work as graphic designer and Illustrator. I have been working as freelancer from the past 2 years due to some family issues, before that I worked for about 3 years as full time employee. Thing is that I don't have any supportive document for my full time experience of 3 years, they even used to pay me in cash. What can I do in this situation, I'm very tensed. Please give me wise advice. Thanks
In your case, you can get a letter from the employer, letters from your co-workers etc. It doesn't matter you were paid in cash.

PKS29

May 9, 2018
My employer is ready to write me an experience certificate for the work I have done. As he used to pay me in cash there is no salary slip (which I think is mandatory, tell me if it's not). So only experience certificate will work in my case ? Moreover the company I used to work is a registered private limited company but they do not maintain any accounts since it's small company run by few college friends, so that would be a concern if VO demand for any records or documents? And in the past couple of years it has changed its base 2-3 times, would that be a problem ? What is the good IELTS score needed in my case ? Please answer all the queries. Thanks a lot for replying.

fmk8890

Dec 10, 2017
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2018
AOR Received.
04-05-2018
File Transfer...
08-08-2018
Med's Request
01-05-2018
Med's Done....
01-05-2018
Passport Req..
24-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2018
LANDED..........
11-11-2018
My employer is ready to write me an experience certificate for the work I have done. As he used to pay me in cash there is no salary slip (which I think is mandatory, tell me if it's not). So only experience certificate will work in my case ? Moreover the company I used to work is a registered private limited company but they do not maintain any accounts since it's small company run by few college friends, so that would be a concern if VO demand for any records or documents? And in the past couple of years it has changed its base 2-3 times, would that be a problem ? What is the good IELTS score needed in my case ? Please answer all the queries. Thanks a lot for replying.
Salary slips are not mandatory - for my current position I had no salary slips at all, because they'd transfer the amount to my bank account & that's it.

ady_997

Aug 20, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
23-12-2016
IELTS Request
Up front
Med's Done....
16-01-2017
Interview........
not needed
Passport Req..
waiting
Salary slips are not mandatory.. I just uploaded one single page experience letter with my duties my designation my basic pay and number of hours per week and i was never asked to upload anything else.
Good ielts score is L8 R7 S7W7. Get this score and your are good to go.

PKS29

May 9, 2018
Hi ady_997. Which country are you from and what is your profession ? Did you get your visa ? Would you mind if I ask you for your experience letter format, I just don't wanna miss my chances and waste time. Hope you understand. You can mail me at my ID priyanq.singh29@gmail.com. Thanks again. God bless.

titrodion

Feb 9, 2018
Hi guys!

I also have a question about work experience. So the minimum experience of 1 year is required to be considered for the program, right? I have a total of 16 months of a full-time relevant work experience (35-40 hours per week NOC 1112) but not all of it was in a row. Meaning I have 6, 6 and 4 months of experience in 3 different companies over the last 2,5 years. Should it be considered all together as a 12-months+ experience or am I supposed to have 12 months in a row in one place? I am a bit confused with that.

Thanks!

PKS29

May 9, 2018
Hi guys!

I also have a question about work experience. So the minimum experience of 1 year is required to be considered for the program, right? I have a total of 16 months of a full-time relevant work experience (35-40 hours per week NOC 1112) but not all of it was in a row. Meaning I have 6, 6 and 4 months of experience in 3 different companies over the last 2,5 years. Should it be considered all together as a 12-months+ experience or am I supposed to have 12 months in a row in one place? I am a bit confused with that.

Thanks!
Hi titrodion, it would be better if you show your work experience at a stretch for 12 months or so.

titrodion

Feb 9, 2018
Hi titrodion, it would be better if you show your work experience at a stretch for 12 months or so.
I actually applied today for the FSW program and got an immediate update on my account that I am not eligible. I am 26, have master's degree in management and finance, passed both English and French on C1 level, never married, have no kids and have enough funds. So clearly the only possible reason of non-eligibility is my experience which is not 12-month continious even though relevant, full-time and appropriate in terms of hours.