+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Enquiry about Matching NOC Code (Title: Junior R&D Chemist)

yimmun

Jan 21, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I am currently holding PGWP and I just get the job offer with the title of Junior R&D Chemist in a cosmetic company.I was trying to match NOC code which should be NOC 2112 (chemist) . I just want to ensure it is correct and eligible for express entry. My question is that my job title match with NOC 2112 or not.

Please anyone of you kindly gives me some suggestion.

Junior R&D Chemist Job duties:
  • Develop new or improved formulas, products, and/ or process under moderate supervision
  • Complete product development projects under the supervison of Director of R&D or designated Senior R&D chemist
  • ldentify and obtain new raw materials on an ongoing basis, along with appropriate safety/ technical documentation, specification, samples, etc new formula
  • Conduct all required performance, Compounding, QA, Purchasing and Marketing if required
  • Resolve routine customer and production problems
  • Assist senior lab personnel as necessary
  • Perform other duties as assigned

Chemist (NOC 2112)
Main duties
  • Analyze, synthesize, purify, modify and characterize chemical or biochemical compounds
  • Develop and conduct programs of analysis to ensure quality control of raw materials, chemical intermediates or final products
  • Conduct programs of sample and data collection and analysis to identify and quantify environmental toxicants
  • Conduct research to develop new chemical formulations and processes and devise new technical applications of industrial chemicals and compounds
  • Conduct research to discover, develop, refine and evaluate new products such as those used in nanomedicine, nanoelectronics and other applications of chemistry
  • Conduct fundamental and applied research into the synthesis and properties of chemical compounds and the mechanisms of chemical reactions
  • Investigate chemical aspects of the mechanisms of drug action, the diagnosis and treatment of disease, organ function and the assessment of health
  • Participate in interdisciplinary research and development projects working with chemical engineers, biologists, microbiologists, agronomists, geologists or other professionals
  • Act as technical consultant in a particular field of expertise
  • May participate in the commercialization of new products
  • May supervise other chemists and chemical technicians and technologists.