NilKumar

Aug 9, 2016
South Africa
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

I'm busy looking into the CRS Tool to see how many points i achieve, for education there is 2 options one is "Bachelor's Degree (Three or more year program...)" and the other is "Two or more certificates, Diplomas or degrees...)

I'm wondering should i select "Two or more years" as i have a diploma and a degree or do i have to have 2 diplomas or 2 degrees to be able to select that option?

Sorry if its a bit confusing but i'm really confused about it.

Thanks again :)

pk910

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-06-2017
Nomination.....
02-04-2017
Passport Req..
03-01-2018
Do you have your ECA report?

NilKumar

Aug 9, 2016
South Africa
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi pk910,

Yes i do have my ECA report,

For my diploma i achieved 2 years and for my degree i achieved 3 years education duration.

Thanks

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
NilKumar said:
Hi Guys,

I'm busy looking into the CRS Tool to see how many points i achieve, for education there is 2 options one is "Bachelor's Degree (Three or more year program...)" and the other is "Two or more certificates, Diplomas or degrees...)

I'm wondering should i select "Two or more years" as i have a diploma and a degree or do i have to have 2 diplomas or 2 degrees to be able to select that option?

In your Express Entry profile you can select two or more degrees for your foreign education if you have got educational credential assessment done and the report summary also says that your Diploma and Bachelors is equivalent to Canandian Diploma and Bachelors. But while using the tool, you can select two or more degrees to calculate your CRS score.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NilKumar said:
Hi Guys,

A diploma and a degree counts as "two or more".
But only if both qualifications are assessed as the Canadian equivalent in your ECA.

What does the Canadian Equivalency Summary on your ECA say ?

NilKumar

Aug 9, 2016
South Africa
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi istari,

It says:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (three years)

Thanks

pk910

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-06-2017
Nomination.....
02-04-2017
Passport Req..
03-01-2018
In your case,choose

"Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees"

NilKumar

Aug 9, 2016
South Africa
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

I have one last inquiry before i complete my triple check on my application.

ECA says:

In both my education history section in my profile it asks "Level of Education" and "Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA)..." so my question is should i say "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees..." for both "Level of Education" and "Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA)..." or just select "Two year program at a university, college..." for my diploma and "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees..." for "Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA)..." and vice versa for my degree.

Currently i have left both diploma and degree saying "Level of Education" and "Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA)..." and selected "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees..." for both.

Thanks again for your help

NilKumar

Aug 9, 2016
South Africa
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can anyone help me with this?

It's literally the last thing i need to update on my profile ;D

Thanks

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
NilKumar said:
Can anyone help me with this?

It's literally the last thing i need to update on my profile ;D

Thanks
This is what CIC says about the same. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/questions-answers-by-topic.asp?top=29

How do I answer the question in Express Entry about my education if I have two or more degrees or diplomas?
To get the correct number of points, make sure you choose the answer that best reflects your case.

For example: For each entry, if you have two Bachelor degrees, or one Bachelor and a two-year college diploma, choose “Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years.”

If you have more than two degrees or diplomas, you will not get any extra points. You should choose the same option as above, unless you have:
- a master’s degree, or
- a doctoral level degree (PhD).
You will get more points for a master’s or a doctorate, so if you have one, choose it from the drop-down menu.

NilKumar

Aug 9, 2016
South Africa
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Stanlee,

Thanks again.

I read it off the site as well but it still isn't very clear to me in all honesty.

I get that i must put "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees..." but must it be under "Level of Education", "Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA) report..." or in both.

My ECA says:

So do i say:

Diploma; Level of education - "two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees..." OR "Two year program at a university, college..."
Level of education (Canadian equivalent)- "two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees..." OR "Two year program at a university, college..."

Degree; Level of education - "two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees..." OR " Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program..."
Level of education (Canadian equivalent)- "two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees..." OR " Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program..."

It seems a bit too vague to me in all honesty.

I don't want to misinterpret anything on my application because i read you could get a ban from Canada, So i want to be as thorough as possible.

Thanks again

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NilKumar said:
Hi Stanlee,

Thanks again.

I read it off the site as well but it still isn't very clear to me in all honesty.

I get that i must put "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees..." but must it be under "Level of Education", "Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA) report..." or in both.

My ECA says:

So do i say:

Diploma; Level of education - "two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees..." OR "Two year program at a university, college..."
Level of education (Canadian equivalent)- "two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees..." OR "Two year program at a university, college..."

Degree; Level of education - "two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees..." OR " Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program..."
Level of education (Canadian equivalent)- "two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees..." OR " Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program..."

It seems a bit too vague to me in all honesty.

I don't want to misinterpret anything on my application because i read you could get a ban from Canada, So i want to be as thorough as possible.

Thanks again
Select "Two or more degrees..." for both options.