+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Enough proof?

jvid23

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
Wondering how much proof you need as a couple to convince
them that you are in a serious relationship
My bf and I moved in together in July last year and have had a bank account and leases togrther since. We also travelled together to Nz. Everything has been bought on his credit card for me/him/us. We have lots of pictures from the summer but not many with the 2 of us in them since, or even group photos.. I also got a new phone and facebook recently so we dont have any conversations to print.. If we start collecting things now do you think it will be enough to send an application in in july or soon after?
I know its very different and no rules on exactly how much you need but..

Thanks

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
jvid23 said:
Wondering how much proof you need as a couple to convince
them that you are in a serious relationship
My bf and I moved in together in July last year and have had a bank account and leases togrther since. We also travelled together to Nz. Everything has been bought on his credit card for me/him/us. We have lots of pictures from the summer but not many with the 2 of us in them since, or even group photos.. I also got a new phone and facebook recently so we dont have any conversations to print.. If we start collecting things now do you think it will be enough to send an application in in july or soon after?
I know its very different and no rules on exactly how much you need but..

Thanks
It's almost sounding like you have not reviewed the current sponsorship application. It states specifically how much proof you need...exact amount of pictures to include, how many pages of chats etc...I'd start by reviewing the check list that applies to your situation and then come back here with questions you might have.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5525ETOC.asp#checklist

just a square

Mar 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-06-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2016
File Transfer...
SA 08-08-2016, AOR2 16-08-2016
Med's Done....
06-05-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2017
LANDED..........
14-03-2017
Also, it would help to know whether you're going to apply as a married couple or common law, and what country the applicant is from.

jvid23

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
just a square said:
Also, it would help to know whether you're going to apply as a married couple or common law, and what country the applicant is from.
As common law. He is Canadian and I am swedish

jvid23

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
simpsol22 said:
It's almost sounding like you have not reviewed the current sponsorship application. It states specifically how much proof you need...exact amount of pictures to include, how many pages of chats etc...I'd start by reviewing the check list that applies to your situation and then come back here with questions you might have.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5525ETOC.asp#checklist
I did review this and as I understand it as lon as we can show a lease/bank statements or similar proof of the same address we do not need pictures etc unless they ask us in a further investigation?

jordo

Apr 27, 2014
Regina, SK
jvid23 said:
I did review this and as I understand it as lon as we can show a lease/bank statements or similar proof of the same address we do not need pictures etc unless they ask us in a further investigation?
That's not correct.
There are 4 conditions you need to have said Yes to for what you're describing to be accurate:
1. Living together
2. have a child together
3. Be married and you can't have been married previously
4. Be married a minimum of 2 years.

If you don't say Yes to each of those conditions, continue reading on the checklist for the additional evidence you need to present.

jvid23

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
jordo said:
That's not correct.
There are 4 conditions you need to have said Yes to for what you're describing to be accurate:
1. Living together
2. have a child together

If you don't say Yes to each of those conditions, continue reading on the checklist for the additional evidence you need to present.
Sorry - each of those or just one of them?

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
jordo said:
That's not correct.
1. Living together
2. have a child together

I think that is on the spousal check list....slightly different on the common law checklist

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
jvid23 said:
If you look further down on that page, if you do not have a child together photos are needed along with 2 documents from 3 of the listed categories