+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

enough proof of authentic relationship?

gg_godd

Apr 17, 2012
Hey guys, my wife will be submitting a visa application shortly and I am wondering if you think I have enough proof that our relationship is authentic. I am planning to submit

1) screen shots of her email account prooving that we met online over 2 years ago and that I sent over 300 emails to her since then
2) 16 printed emails that make it obvious we were a couple, about 2 per month that we were a couple but not physically together and
the first email I ever sent to her dated April 6th 2010
3) copies of my passport proving that I have been in her country for over 15 months since the day we met ( I was with her the whole time )
4) approximately 20 pictures of us together ( I choose about 1 per month in different settings and I plan to label them with dates )

Do you think this is enough or too much?
Do you think there is something else I should try to include?
I dont have any phone records or anything because we always talked on skype or msn
I do have my bank records showing lots of activity in her country but would rather not send it if it isnt necessary and I figure my passport is proof of being there.

Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks

kiwinijjar

Star Member
Apr 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 17th 2012
AOR Received.
March 9th 2012
File Transfer...
March 28th 2012
Med's Done....
December 2011
Passport Req..
April 19th 2012 (1.5 years travel history) In process as of June 16th. Dm on June 28th :)
I added 100 pics. I heard the more is better. Try to get pictures with family members and crowds. Or if any at birthday parties or weddings. I don't think its too much. Do you have skye convo records? If so then screenshot those. Try to find msn records too. I also added facebook screenshots. Umm can't think of anything else. Will let you know.

gg_godd

Apr 17, 2012
I dont have any skype or msn records, we weren't really preparing to have to prove we are a couple so actually we are lucky that my wife didnt delete all of our emails.

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
Sounds like pretty good proof to me.

I included a lot of pictures (160 of them), airline invoices / boarding passes, hotel invoices, e-mails between my wife and my family in Canada (from when we were just bf and gf up to present), complete copy of my current passport / copy of my old passport show visas and stamps, cards from me to my wife / my wife to me / my family to both of us, health insurance cards for me, my wife, and our son, joint bank account, our son's proof of Canadian citizenship, copy of our rental contract, and a few other things that I can't remember right now.

Good luck!

FS

mroliveland

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
- Include more pictures at different occasions. Did you put your wedding pics (may be most important ones because they want to make sure that the wedding is well attended especially by your close family members).

- Include financial relationship proofs: monetary gifts and wire transfers. if no transfers, please do one or two and include the receipts. Also try to open joint account, although not necessary. if you don't have any, please do it. Buy something expensive for her and send it. Include the receipt.

- Phone bills showing the phone number you call with the destination country are very important. This should cover a sifngicant period of time. Phone cards are not acceptable. They always emphasize the contact through bills showing your wife number and her destination country.

Write a narrative descriptive statement covering the followings:
- Relationship development
-Marriage events/formalities.
-compatibility between you and your wife (age, education, social level). Explain anything unusual by giving good reasons. Don't let them secpulate bad things.
-progression of relationship
-Contact after leaving her country
-Future plans for the relationship (e.g. future visits you or she plan to do..mention the date of travel).
- Plans of establishment in canada (make your wife work, study...raise kids, buy new house for the future family...etc)

Support everything listed above with documents (e.g. your wife diploma to support education compatibility or future work in canada..etc).

Be truthful. Don't fabricate stories. They might know through the interview (if any).

Isometry

Aug 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-->Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 28 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 9 2012-->Feb 9 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 19 2011
Passport Req..
March 21 2012
VISA ISSUED...
April 21 2012
LANDED..........
May 17th 2012
You state that you've been living in your wife's country for 15 months. Assuming that you've been living together for at least part of that time, submit anything that shows you've been living together. Lease, utility, letters received at the same address.

Showing that you've been together for that time is going to be important, as well as showing you were in the same country.