+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Enough processing time? and ITR question

jaydevadhikari

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hi All,

I looked through the questions already posted on this forum, and could not find an answer that is specific to what I am looking for. However, my apologies if this seems repetitive.

I am traveling to Canada on 24th April (at least I plan to). I applied for the visa yesterday (23rd March, 2015) night.

• I have attached my bank statement for last 4 months and employment letter (Deloitte Consulting).
    I also have stayed in Australia for 2 years on a student visa (2008 and 2009), and also recently went to Thailand. So, entry/exit stamps, along with visa documents for Australia I submitted.
    I have already made my flight and hotel bookings, and submitted the same as part of my application.
    My travel dates are in total 10 days, and I have approximately 18,000 CAD in my bank account, out of which I intend to spend 5,000 CAD (including flight and hotel booking) on my trip (it was asked in the main application somewhere).
    Monthly salary credited to me as reflected in my bank account is 50,000 INR (approx 1,000 CAD)
I am from Mumbai, India

I have two questions:

1) With me traveling on the 24th of April, I have applied online just 1 month before my travel date. Do I have enough time to get the visa approved, send the passport to VAC, and then get the passport stamped and sent back, or am I too late?

2) I only sent my 4 months bank statement and employment letter detailing my leaves as part of my proof of income. I missed adding my two years' ITR. Will this effect my application? If yes, then would they just ask me to upload my ITR, or will they refuse my visa for that reason? and if they refuse my visa, how soon can I reapply?

Please do let me know. Much thanks in advance.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

1) With me traveling on the 24th of April, I have applied online just 1 month before my travel date. Do I have enough time to get the visa approved, send the passport to VAC, and then get the passport stamped and sent back, or am I too late?
As you are in Mumbai, your online TRV application will be probably evaluated by the Bangalore Consulate.

Typical timelines for TRV processing at the Bangalore visa office are 8-10 business days.... this is only a guideline.... it can be much sooner.... or may take 2-3 business weeks (in some recent cases). So no one cannot say for sure as each application is unique

2) I only sent my 4 months bank statement and employment letter detailing my leaves as part of my proof of income. I missed adding my two years' ITR. Will this effect my application? If yes, then would they just ask me to upload my ITR, or will they refuse my visa for that reason? and if they refuse my visa, how soon can I reapply?
It is not possible to upload any additional documents

If you're lucky then your TRV may get through with the documents you have submitted.... however, it is always advisable to submit strong ties to the home country for any visit visa

jaydevadhikari

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Thanks a lot Bryanna! So, do I need to send my passport IF and when I get my visa? Or is it just E-Visa, requiring no label?

Also, if there is a rejection due to the lack of ITR, how soon can I reapply? Do I need to wait for an X number of days as a set rule?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
So, do I need to send my passport IF and when I get my visa? Or is it just E-Visa, requiring no label?
You will get an email request to submit your passport.

It is not an e-visa.... it is a sticker pasted on one of the pages of your passport.

if there is a rejection due to the lack of ITR, how soon can I reapply? Do I need to wait for an X number of days as a set rule?
You can apply anytime ie as soon as you are able to address the reasons for refusal

jaydevadhikari

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Update:
I got a message requesting for my passport today and that a decision has been made on my application. That's a decision made in 2 days.

I am not sure if this 100% means that visa is approved, or ARE there still chances that they may have called for the passport for rejection stamp.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
That's fantastic.... it means your application has been approved.... quite quickly, too

CIC does not put TRV rejection stamps in passports.... a refusal letter/email is sent in such cases

Go ahead and send your passport for visa stamping :)

CaroM8

Feb 26, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
26/09/2016
AOR Received.
20/10/2016 - SA:25/10/2016 - AOR2: 22/12/16
File Transfer...
25/10/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
11-10-2017
LANDED..........
14-11-2017
Congrats on your approval! Have fun in Canada :)