+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Enlarged heart due to high BP

KM 2018

Jun 18, 2018
Hello everyone, i came to know that my heart got enlarged due to high BP and shows irregularities in my ECG. I have started my medications and now my BP is 130/90. I have also done my ECO and my heart is functioning properly. Has anyone having this symptoms passed their medicals or have been rejected. A simple reply would be highly appreciated.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Enlarged hearts aren't usually only due to high bp. You will likely have to see a cardiologist. Really hard to say because it depends how enlarged your heart is and whether there is other damage. It sounds like it has been controlled easily with medication so sounds like there will likely be no problem.

KM 2018

Jun 18, 2018
Enlarged hearts aren't usually only due to high bp. You will likely have to see a cardiologist. Really hard to say because it depends how enlarged your heart is and whether there is other damage. It sounds like it has been controlled easily with medication so sounds like there will likely be no problem.

KM 2018

Jun 18, 2018
Hi Chuck, well my dr told me it's due to high BP and it's in the initial level. I have done my ultrasound and serium creatine test and is all under normal limits. My kidneys are of same size and

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
I think they meant enlarged valves (mild LVH) which is very common for people with untreated high blood pressure. It is not an issue to get medical passed, and I know people who have passed too. And you don't specifically need to mention about this during your medicals as it doesn't mean any kind of diagnosis or illness. You could just say you have high blood pressure and the medicine that you are taking for it. If the blood pressure is under 140/90 during the test, then the only additional test they generally do is serum creatinine. If its more than that, I think they do echo and ecg. No issues either ways since there is organ damage in your case any ways.

KM 2018

Jun 18, 2018
Hi Deepcur, well I have controled my BP to much extent and I believe while doing the chest X-Ray, it's shows that the size of the heart is increased . What you meant it's even though it's event in my x-ray, if my BP ins under 140/90, then they will not ask for ECG and ECo?Just little worried that due to the above mentioned factors, my medicals results don't get delayed/rejected .

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Hi Deepcur, well I have controled my BP to much extent and I believe while doing the chest X-Ray, it's shows that the size of the heart is increased . What you meant it's even though it's event in my x-ray, if my BP ins under 140/90, then they will not ask for ECG and ECo?Just little worried that due to the above mentioned factors, my medicals results don't get delayed/rejected .
Okay, I just looked up that there is something called enlarged heart.. If it'd show up in chest x-ray, then they may subject additional cardio related tests to make sure the underlying condition. If it is confirmed due to hypertension (and not anything serious that requires expensive treatment), and if your blood pressure reads normal, you won't have any issues definitely. If your blood pressure is high, they may ask you to rework your meds and test it again after a while till it reads under 140/90.

KM 2018

Jun 18, 2018
Ok, what do you think of my chances of getting the medical passed. No organ damage due to High BP., It's just the heart which got enlarged. Rest all other parameters are fine.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Ok, what do you think of my chances of getting the medical passed. No organ damage due to High BP., It's just the heart which got enlarged. Rest all other parameters are fine.
I think I answered your question already in my previous post