+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Enhance My CRS Score Using Province Nomination

Islam.Shahin

Aug 15, 2017
Hello Everyone,

My profile for express entry is currently in the pool and I would like to enhance my CRS score. Currently I have 390 points and I was thinking of the Province Nominations. However, I am lost on how to start the process, because on the respective website of each province, there are a lot of applications to choose from.

I am a chemical engineering graduate with 3 years experience in safety engineering and I believe I can get a nomination.

Can anyone help me with what to do next for the Province Nomination? Ontario specifically.

Thank you all in advance.

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
Ontario sends out invitation to candidates in EE pool. You can't apply without an invitation. And I believe the program is currently on hold due to high volume of application.

There's also another type of nomination program which is paper based and has nothing to do with EE. It takes a lot longer to process (which I'm assuming you wouldn't be interested in)

What's your IELTS score. The best way to boost your points is to max out IELTS score.

andyding13

Feb 11, 2017
With only 390 CRS points, it's not possible for OP to get Ontario PNP through the HCP stream, even if the stream was not on hold. I suggest OP to improve language test score.

Islam.Shahin

Aug 15, 2017
I got the following score in IELTS

Listening - 9
Reading - 9
Speaking - 7.5
Writing - 6.5

I will repeat the test again hoping to get the same score but 7 in writing. My CRS points will shoot to 435 if I get 7 in writing and maintain the same scores in other modules.

As of now, are there any provinces where I can apply for nomination?

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017

Listening - 9
Reading - 9
Speaking - 7.5
Writing - 6.5

I will repeat the test again hoping to get the same score but 7 in writing. My CRS points will shoot to 435 if I get 7 in writing and maintain the same scores in other modules.

Max out your IELTS score, that will put you on the right path ahead. As for the PNP option, look out on each province's websites to see if they are open or not. Good luck.

amelvj

Jul 21, 2018

Listening - 9
Reading - 9
Speaking - 7.5
Writing - 6.5

Hey did you manage to get 7 in writing? I am also in a similar situation.