waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Dear colleagues,
Let's share all the information we have about immigrating to Canada an the job market over there.
Good Luck

mohanrkkdi

Star Member
Apr 6, 2010
azar said:
Dear colleagues,
Let's share all the information we have about immigrating to Canada an the job market over there.
Good Luck
hai azar,
this is mohan
applied under 4131 as a english teacher.
have u sent ur full documents to ur visa office?
what is ur coutry?
when did u receive ur second AOR if u sent ur full doucments?

gvasdev2004

Star Member
Jun 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
23-feb-2011
LANDED..........
1-may-2011
applied under 4131 as a english teacher.

azar

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NS, Sep/2009
Doc's Request.
Dec/2009
AOR Received.
Mar/2010
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
Dec/2010
Med's Request
waiting
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Dear friends
thank you for participating.
I sent my full documents to Damascus and received my AOR on March 14th. I am waiting to be notified about the interview.
I am from Iran.
let's update each other on what happens.

azar

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NS, Sep/2009
Doc's Request.
Dec/2009
AOR Received.
Mar/2010
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
Dec/2010
Med's Request
waiting
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Have you submitted your IELTS scores to the visa offices?
On my side, yes.
Overall band score of 7, with 8 in speaking. The other skills 6.5

mohanrkkdi

Star Member
Apr 6, 2010
azar said:
Have you submitted your IELTS scores to the visa offices?
On my side, yes.
Overall band score of 7, with 8 in speaking. The other skills 6.5
hai azar,
i have secured overall 6.5 in academic
L-6.5
R-7
W-6.5
S-6.5
is it o.k?or moderate. because i have applied for English Lecturer. please comment on my scores.

azar

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NS, Sep/2009
Doc's Request.
Dec/2009
AOR Received.
Mar/2010
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
Dec/2010
Med's Request
waiting
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
mohanrkkdi said:
hai azar,
i have secured overall 6.5 in academic
L-6.5
R-7
W-6.5
S-6.5
is it o.k?or moderate. because i have applied for English Lecturer. please comment on my scores.
Hi friend,
6.5 is considered high in all skills except listening so you already have 14 points in your IELTS. The only thing you may do is to improve your speaking to a level that persuades the interviewer in that dream session. Don't forget that this is the Academic IELTS which is harder than General. By the way where are you from?
good luck

azar

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NS, Sep/2009
Doc's Request.
Dec/2009
AOR Received.
Mar/2010
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
Dec/2010
Med's Request
waiting
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Hi gvasdev2004,
Would you please update us on your IELTS score?
Thanks

mohanrkkdi

Star Member
Apr 6, 2010
azar said:
Hi friend,
6.5 is considered high in all skills except listening so you already have 14 points in your IELTS. The only thing you may do is to improve your speaking to a level that persuades the interviewer in that dream session. Don't forget that this is the Academic IELTS which is harder than General. By the way where are you from?
good luck
hai azar,
i am from INDIA.
how much points u have claimed overall for visa eligibility.

i have claimed
Education -25,
Age-10,
IELTS-14
Work Experience-21
Adaptability-5
overall- 75.
do u suppose the visa officer will call me interview?

Moreover
in my occupation i have mentioned that i am a lecturer
and i didn't claim for the occupation of Englsih Lecturer in my apllication.
simply i put Lecturer and i have done the duties of 4131.
but all my appointment letters and promotion letters and the ID cards clearly say that i worked for the
department of English.
hence will it be a concern for the vo?
or once we got our visa we have to work for the NOC we have claimed for?

azar

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NS, Sep/2009
Doc's Request.
Dec/2009
AOR Received.
Mar/2010
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
Dec/2010
Med's Request
waiting
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Hi
You are not forced to work in the field you have applied for. You can change your job as soon as you reach there. But it definitely needs knowledge an experience. You can also run your own small business in Canada. If you have spouse and dependent childeren I suggest that you take a considerable amount of money with you. Nobody knows his future there, this is what makes me worried sometimes. About the VO I should say that your score is really high 75 so you are really likely to be granted the PR. It depends largely on your interview to persuade the officer.
By the way, which city are you going to land in?

Good Luck

mohanrkkdi

Star Member
Apr 6, 2010
azar said:
Hi
You are not forced to work in the field you have applied for. You can change your job as soon as you reach there. But it definitely needs knowledge an experience. You can also run your own small business in Canada. If you have spouse and dependent childeren I suggest that you take a considerable amount of money with you. Nobody knows his future there, this is what makes me worried sometimes. About the VO I should say that your score is really high 75 so you are really likely to be granted the PR. It depends largely on your interview to persuade the officer.
By the way, which city are you going to land in?

Good Luck
hai azar,
i am going to land in Toranto.
by the way u didn't tell me ur points?

wen did u receive ur 2 nd Aor
i learnt from the forums that who received their 2 nd AOR
are getting their status change and recieving mdeicals +RPRF+ PPR.
what about u?

azar

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NS, Sep/2009
Doc's Request.
Dec/2009
AOR Received.
Mar/2010
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
Dec/2010
Med's Request
waiting
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
hi
Listening: 6.5
Reading: 6.5
Writing: 6.5
Speaking: 8
Overall: 7

I received my second AOR from Damascus. I have not been requested to submit my passport yet. No interview no medical request. I am just waiting to hear from them.

azar

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NS, Sep/2009
Doc's Request.
Dec/2009
AOR Received.
Mar/2010
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
Dec/2010
Med's Request
waiting
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Useful Infoermation to work in Canada as an ESL or EFL teacher:

The Canadian ESL job market varies from province to province depending on local demand and provincial licensure, certification or accreditation standards. The very large majority of teaching positions require candidates to be Canadian citizens or permanent residents, although limited-term exchange or sponsored arrangements can sometimes be made.

Those planning to teach students in the regular provincially-funded school systems (kindergarten to Grade 12) need to qualify for provincial teaching licenses or certificates administered by provincial Ministries of Education in collaboration with provincial Teachers Federations and Colleges of Education. Such licensure or certification requires at least a B.Ed. degree or postgraduate credential in Education, depending on the province and subject specialization. Immigrant teachers who earned their credentials in their home countries are usually required to take supplementary coursework in their new home province before qualifying for a provincial license or certificate. The Canadian Federation of Teachers facilitates some international teacher exchanges; teachers who are approved for exchanges are not required to meet the usual provincial requirements.

Adult programs will accept a more diverse range of education and training, but most reputable programs in Canada seek degreed individuals who have taken TESL/TEFL training in university-based programs or in other types of programs that meet the certification or accreditation expectations of TESL Canada or one of its provincial affiliates. Information about standards can be found at the website of TESL Canada which links to the sites of the provincial associations and which lists training programs that have been examined and found to meet or exceed TESL Canada's own standards.

Generally speaking, training equivalent to CELTA is the absolute minimum that will be accepted by reputable Canadian employers; in many locations, especially in Ontario, employers can and do insist on much more. There are exceptions, but the exceptions are hard to find and usually are either desperate for staff (this happens most often in rural locations which don't always have enough students to run regular ESL classes) or not regarded as reputable in the larger community (be very careful to check out urban employers who are willing to accept under qualified teachers, especially if such employers are private businesses rather than government-funded programs).

mohanrkkdi

Star Member
Apr 6, 2010
azar said:
Useful Infoermation to work in Canada as an ESL or EFL teacher:

The Canadian ESL job market varies from province to province depending on local demand and provincial licensure, certification or accreditation standards. The very large majority of teaching positions require candidates to be Canadian citizens or permanent residents, although limited-term exchange or sponsored arrangements can sometimes be made.

Those planning to teach students in the regular provincially-funded school systems (kindergarten to Grade 12) need to qualify for provincial teaching licenses or certificates administered by provincial Ministries of Education in collaboration with provincial Teachers Federations and Colleges of Education. Such licensure or certification requires at least a B.Ed. degree or postgraduate credential in Education, depending on the province and subject specialization. Immigrant teachers who earned their credentials in their home countries are usually required to take supplementary coursework in their new home province before qualifying for a provincial license or certificate. The Canadian Federation of Teachers facilitates some international teacher exchanges; teachers who are approved for exchanges are not required to meet the usual provincial requirements.

Adult programs will accept a more diverse range of education and training, but most reputable programs in Canada seek degreed individuals who have taken TESL/TEFL training in university-based programs or in other types of programs that meet the certification or accreditation expectations of TESL Canada or one of its provincial affiliates. Information about standards can be found at the website of TESL Canada which links to the sites of the provincial associations and which lists training programs that have been examined and found to meet or exceed TESL Canada's own standards.

Generally speaking, training equivalent to CELTA is the absolute minimum that will be accepted by reputable Canadian employers; in many locations, especially in Ontario, employers can and do insist on much more. There are exceptions, but the exceptions are hard to find and usually are either desperate for staff (this happens most often in rural locations which don't always have enough students to run regular ESL classes) or not regarded as reputable in the larger community (be very careful to check out urban employers who are willing to accept under qualified teachers, especially if such employers are private businesses rather than government-funded programs).

well done Azar.
kudos to u buddy.
by the way
did u receive ur medicals
peple who received 2nd AOR in MArch have received medicals and most of them are with visa.
what happened to ur case.
which visa office ur.
did u hear anything from Ranjiha.
in the thread u, me and ranjiha,gdevsingh are the ones who are english lecturers.
keep posting something interesting and useful information.
cheers

azar

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NS, Sep/2009
Doc's Request.
Dec/2009
AOR Received.
Mar/2010
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
Dec/2010
Med's Request
waiting
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Hi friend,
My documents are in Damascus office. I will hear about the medicals from this office as soon as possible :)
I have not heard from the person you mentioned.
I will share my information in case I get any.
good luck