+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

English studies in Quebec

Apr 21, 2020
My children and I are all Canadian born from Quebec. We are currently leaving in the US and planning on returning back. Considering I did not attend an English school in Quebec, is there a way for my children to continue their studies in English within the public school system?

Reactions: Robert Sandin

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My children and I are all Canadian born from Quebec. We are currently leaving in the US and planning on returning back. Considering I did not attend an English school in Quebec, is there a way for my children to continue their studies in English within the public school system?
If they are young enough they can easily transition to French schooling. If they are in high school would consider private school.

May 5, 2020
If they are young enough they can easily transition to French schooling. If they are in high school would consider private school.
Which private English high school would you recommend that does not take grants from the government?
I have emailed many private English schools and they all told me that my children are too old to enter the school without a certificate of eligibility.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Which private English high school would you recommend that does not take grants from the government?
I have emailed many private English schools and they all told me that my children are too old to enter the school without a certificate of eligibility.
Just clarifying your question. Did you mean to say does not take grants? Would imagine most private schools will accept your children if you pay the full tuition and can pass and their entrance standards.

May 5, 2020
Just clarifying your question. Did you mean to say does not take grants? Would imagine most private schools will accept your children if you pay the full tuition and can pass and their entrance standards.
That's what I thought as well! I emailed literally the most expensive schools in Westmount and they all rejected me saying my kids do not qualify without a certificate of eligibility. I created a new thread for my issue. I did not mean to hijack this thread.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
That's what I thought as well! I emailed literally the most expensive schools in Westmount and they all rejected me saying my kids do not qualify without a certificate of eligibility. I created a new thread for my issue. I did not mean to hijack this thread.
Don’t have current knowledge so will let others who have gone through the process recently respond.