+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

English requirement!

Student997

Oct 14, 2017
Hi guys,

I posted a thread a while ago about the English requirement for the citizenship, I still havent finished my degree and I have an academic IELTS certificate which is not acceptable as a proof and that technically meant that I need to do a test, but then again I read this on cic’s website and got confused again!

Have you completed or are you currently attending a secondary or post-secondary program, in French or in English, in Canada or abroad?”

Link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/language.asp

It clearly says COMPLETED OR CURRENTLY, so does that mean that if I send a copy of my current transcript even though I havent finished school is going to be acceptable or?

Please help me out

Thanks!

gigig

Nov 9, 2017
Hi guys,

I posted a thread a while ago about the English requirement for the citizenship, I still havent finished my degree and I have an academic IELTS certificate which is not acceptable as a proof and that technically meant that I need to do a test, but then again I read this on cic’s website and got confused again!

Have you completed or are you currently attending a secondary or post-secondary program, in French or in English, in Canada or abroad?”

Link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/language.asp

It clearly says COMPLETED OR CURRENTLY, so does that mean that if I send a copy of my current transcript even though I havent finished school is going to be acceptable or?

Please help me out

Thanks!
Yes. You can either send the transcripts or your degree! and both are considered as acceptable proofs of language proficiency.

hiliker

Jun 8, 2018
hi there,
i am also confused about the english requirement. my same situtation is same as yours. i will be sending my application soon with my currently attending college transcript. just want to know, how it went with yours? is sending transcript(currently attending) is enough.
thanks!